Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

So, it’s now september, the girls have started school, the boys have finished their album and are awaiting the release of their new single.

If you didn’t read the last chapter, well this is what happened. Bad things happened. Bad things. Not to everyone, but to Emma. The bad things that are happening are appearing on her body. Yes, she has started to cut. Again.

But this chapter isn’t about Emma, no…it’s about Kristen.

“Hi, I have a letter for Kristen” a mail-boy says at the door.

“That’s me!” Kristen answers. The boy hands Kristen the brown envelope and Kristen tips him.

She looks to see where it’s from, it’s from the Clearwater Hospital and London Hospital. Kristen opens the envelope and scans the page until she sees.

Kristen, our tests were invalid, you currently have cancer. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

What? How can doctors just mess up for something like cancer? Tears don’t flood Kristen’s eyes, they just fall. They fall like she’s never cried before. Kelsey comes into the room with Zayn right behind her, just one look at how Kristen is Kelsey runs over to her wrapping her in a big hug.

“What’s wrong girlie?” Kelsey asks, extremely worried. Kristen hands over the envelope from the hospital.

“What’s going on?” Zayn asks, realizing that both Kristen and Kelsey are crying.

Kelsey looks at Kristen and mouths ‘Sorry’ and whispers into Zayn’s ear: “Kristen used to have cancer and now it’s back, do not tell Liam…please”. 

“Why can’t I?” Zayn asks, feeling extremely sad inside.

“She just doesn’t want a whole lot of people to know, and she doesn’t like anybody really knowing” Kelsey explains.

“I’m going to bed” Kristen says, heading to her room. Kelsey only nods.

Zayn warps Kelsey into a warm, loving hug. She buries her head into his neck and lets out small sobs.

“It’s ok Kels, Kristen will get better, she did last time” Zayn soothes, still pretty shocked about Kristen. Kristen was Kelsey’s sister, and was a sister to him as well. Zayn thought about telling Liam, but Kristen and Kelsey don’t want him to know, so he won’t, Kristen can tell Liam on her own time.

“Come on, let’s go get something to eat” Zayn whispers softly, taking Kelsey by her shoulders and taking her towards his car to drive to a cute little take-out restaurant.