Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

Throughout all this drama, Victoria and Harry seem to be smooth sailing…for now.

“See you later” Harry whispers into Victoria’s ear as he drops her off at her house, giving her a quick kiss on the cheek.

“Bye” Victoria waves on her doorstep.

Harry soon drives away, off into the distance.

Now, Victoria can’t help but feel like someone is watching her. She’s about to enter the condo, when she’s grabbed by the wasted, pulled onto someone’s shoulder, she was being kidnapped. 

The stranger ran down the street and in, behind an alley. She saw the face and knew exactly who he was.

“Remember back in Clearwater? Yeah. Think you can run away? Nope” the guy whisper-shouts into Victoria’s ear.

He grabs her wrists, yanks her up and slams her against the walls. He takes his left hand and slaps her across the face…hard. He then forms his hand into a fist and punches her in the gut, multiple times. She falls onto the ground in pain, not being able to do anything. He kicks her in the face, shin and stomach many times. About half an hour later of getting beaten. He leaves, abandoning her there, alone.

I can’t tell Harry is all Victoria thinks. She struggles to get her phone out and goes to the first number she sees her long-time friend Zach, he’s living here as well.

“Hello?” Zach’s voice comes out muffled through the phone line.

“H-hey Zach, c-can you come p-pi-pick me up?” Victoria stutters.

“Sure, are you ok? Stay on the line”. Victoria can hear a car door slam closed, start up and start to drive. “Where are you?”

Victoria says she’s near a Nando’s beside a old vintage boutique. A few minutes later, Zach in there, picking her up and placing her in the passenger seat, bringing her back to the condo.

“What happened?” Zach asks.

“Ch-Chance, he hurts me”.

“You need to tell the police-“. Before Zach could finish his sentence, Victoria interrupts.

“No! He said if I told anyone he’d go hide and only come out to hurt me” she explains.

“Fine, but if it get’s worse I’m going to tell someone” Zach says sternly.

Back at the condo, Zach helps her into the place.

“I can take it from here, thanks” Victoria says at the front entrance.

“You sure?” 

“Yeah, thanks for coming to get me” Victoria says, closing to the door and walking at normal as she can, past the girls watching The Notebook and up to her room.

“You ok kiddo?” Kristen asks, up in Victoria’s room.

“M-hm”.

“Want Harry?”

“Yes please”.

About five, ten minutes later Harry’s on Victoria’s bed, Victoria cuddled up to him, just lying there, enjoying each other’s company.

“What’s wrong?” Harry says, finally breaking the silence.

“I guess I’m just homesick” Victoria lies.

“I know how you feel, but it must be worse for you” Harry says, brushing some hair off of Victoria’s face lightly, revealing the bruise that formed on her cheekbone, from Chance.

“Oh my god Victoria, what happened?” Harry explains, examining the bruise.

“Oh, I think it’s from when I ran into my door, I was texting and not paying attention” she lies, again.

“Be careful” Harry smirks, kissing the bruise softly.

“Victoria! Harry! Something’s wrong with Kristen!” Jay yells from downstairs.