Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven “Life’s a short trip, the music’s for the sad men” - Forever Young

The girl and boys were now in the cold, depressed hospital, waiting for the girl’s operation to be done. They got her in right away, since she was loosing so much blood, they couldn’t wait. While the boys were nervously tapping on their phones as their shoulders and knees were shaking, a doctor comes out and walks towards the boys.

“She’s lost too much blood, it’s either she doesn’t make it or we get a blood transplant” the doctor says sadly. The boys go wide eyed, even though Harry’s not met the girl, he can already tell she does not deserve this, and that guy who beat her up. 

“What type of blood does she have?” Paul says, looking at the doctor straight in the eyes.

“Type B” the doctor answers immediately. Hearing that the boys quickly go tapping on their phones, typing in ‘what type of blood does one direction have?’ into safari, waiting for the results to come up, Paul and the doctor look at them confused. 

Harry’s result is the first to come up, he clicks on one in the speed of lightning and sees that him, Harry Styles, has blood type B.

“I have type B!” Harry yells, jumping from his chair, getting some ‘shhs’ from nurses.

“We’ll run some tests just to make sure” the doctor says, leading Harry into a room. He ties and elastic around Harry’s bicep and the veins pop out. The doctor places the needle in his arm in one swift movement, Harry flinches as the needle enters his vein but soon adjusts.

They take a small amount of blood and run quick tests on it, sure enough, he’s type B. 

“Ok, we’re going to take more now” the doctor says, placing the needle into Harry’s arm again. Harry watches as his blood slowly goes into a plastic bag. Once the bag is full, the doctor unties the elastic from his bicep and tells him he can go back into the waiting room.

Harry walks back into the room slowly, rubbing the red mark the elastic left behind.

“So…” Liam says, asking if he was the right type. Harry just gives him a thumbs up and sits back down. The boys stay in silence, as they wait for the surgery to be over. Half an hour later, the doctor returns.

“She’s ok, she’s in the room sleeping right now, she should wake up soon” the doctor explains “You know, if you didn’t find her, she would be dead right now”.

That comment makes all the boys eyes widen.

“Shit!” Harry says, flipping out the girl’s phone. Going through her contacts, he calls the first name he sees ‘Jay’. He clicks the ‘call’ button and waits as it rings.

“Hey!” The girl’s friend answers “What’s up?”.

“This isn’t your friend, it’s Harry Styles, your friend is in the hospital right now” Harry waits for the girl to respond, but she doesn’t “Hello?” Harry asks again, no answer. About a minute later the her phone rings again, the name Kelsey appearing on the front. Harry answers again “Hello?” “So it really is Harry Styles, wait…that means…dammit Chance” ‘Kelsey’ hangs up.

Back where Kelsey is, she’s crying her eyes out. First her sister with cancer now Victoria’s in the hospital with Harry Styles, but he doesn’t matter right now, Kelsey’s only concerned about Victoria.

“Kristen!” Kelsey shouts as she runs down the stairs and into the den where Kristen is watching ‘Pretty Little Liars’.

“Sh…it’s the good part” Kristen whispers, eyes remaining on the TV as she reaches for some more popcorn. This frustrates Kelsey, she grabs the popcorn out of Kristen’s grip and shuts off the TV. “What gives?” Kristen asks, reaching for the remote in front of her, but Kelsey gets to it first. Kristen puts her arms up in defeat.

“Victoria’s in the hospital, right now?” Kelsey says, tears prickling her eyes.

“Shit!” Kristen says, getting up from the couch and quickly walking to the kitchen, with Kelsey following close behind. Grabbing the car keys, they head out towards their old car.

They hop in and drive towards Jay’s house to where she’s currently running out of the house towards their car. They stop, but just to let her in. She goes to sit in the back and buckles herself in as they speed off towards Emma’s house. Once they arrive at Emma’s house, Kristen hops out of the driver’s seat and rushes towards the front door. Banging on the door viscously, Emma answers. 

“Oh, hey girl!” Emma says sleepily, she probably had another one of her naps that she has on weekends. Kristen doesn’t even answer, she pulls Emma out of the house, slams the door behind her and throws her into the back seat with Jay. She then hops in, whips her seatbelt around her and drives off towards the hospital.