theif- pt. 1

──────⊱⁜⊰──────royalty au──────⊱⁜⊰──────

──────⊱⁜⊰──────
royalty au
──────⊱⁜⊰──────

"miss (y/n)! dear lord, child, where are you?!"

the 18 year old sat on the floor of the library of the palace, piles of books stacked on top of one another surrounded the noble child.

she quirked an eyebrow and closed the old book she was reading, placing it on top of a pile of books as she pushed herself up off of the floor and made her way to the maid calling her name.

"yes, harin?" (y/n) questioned, startling the poor maid as she turned around held a hand to her heart.

"ah," the maid breathed out, catching her breath before continuing. "your father would like you to join him for the judgment ceremony."

(y/n) rolled her eyes and leaned back on the wall besides her, resting her head against it. "i don't get why he wants me at those stupid things."

"well, you are his child," harin replied, smoothing out the apron she wore. "that makes you the princess, he needs you at these."

"yeah, to uphold his stupid image," the girl scoffed.

harin stared at the princess in sympathy, placing a hand on her shoulder. "how about i make you patbingsu? you can have it after the ceremony~"

the corner of (y/n)'s lips tugged into a smile, letting out a small chuckle. "... that would be nice."

harin smiled before softly patting the girl's cheek, ushering her up to her room. "go put on the inner-wear for your hanbok, i'll be up in a bit to help you."

(y/n) nodded and smiled at harin before making her way through the large palace halls to her room.

she shut the door, noticing her royal hanbok hanging up on a clothes rack. she stared at it and sighed, slipping off her current clothing, beginning to change into her ceremonial outfit.

before she could step into the inner dress, the door to her room burst open.

"ah, harin, wait—"

the rest of the sentence never left the princess' mouth as she looked up and was met with the hickory colored eyes of a boy that seemed around her age, not the maid that she was expecting. a scar traveled through his left eye, starting a bit above his eyebrow and ending a few inches from
his nose.

(y/n)'s eyes widened in shock, her jaw dropping open a few centimeters. before she could say anything else, the boy shut the door to her room
and rushed forward, clamping his hand over her mouth.