latin troubles

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘high school & spirit au∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘
high school
& spirit au
∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"i'm gonna fail, i know it!"

you sighed, running a shaky hand through your hair as you rested your elbows on your desk, desperately skimming through the pages of your latin text book.

it was two in the morning, your phone positioned against a random book where the drowsy face of your friend was displayed.

"you'll be fine, we'll both pass," he dismissed, letting out a small yawn. "i'm gonna hang up on you now, i'm about to pass out."

"jungkook, do not!" you exclaimed. "help me!"

"(y/n), you'll be fine," he assured with a roll of his eyes. "it's just a small test, it's not even worth that much."

"you are aware that it's 60% of our final grade, right?" you questioned with scrunched eyebrows, forcing your eyes to read over the notes in your textbook.

"oh, shit," jungkook cursed before giving a small shrug. "i mean, it is what it is."

"i'm three seconds away from throwing my phone across the room," you sighed, reaching forward to pick up the device. "i'll call you tomorrow, or something."

"you'll do fine," your friend assured one last time. "now go to bed."

"yeah, yeah." you shook your head with a weary grin. "night."

"night night," kook replied with a smile as he held up a peace sign, earning a small laugh from you before you ended the video chat.

you dropped your phone back onto your desk, resting your head in your hands at you stared at the unfamiliar words that seemed to be testing your patience in your latin textbook.

sighing, you rubbed your eyes and squinted, focusing on reading out a section of the words.

"okay, hm," you started out, sandwiching your bottom lip between your teeth. " 'when asking a question regarding time, the proper way of response would be... ?' ugh, i don't know!"

deciding to try a different section of the material, you flipped a few pages over, starting at practicing pronunciation.

you ended up at the last few pages of the book, coming across a section that appeared older than the rest of the book. it's corners were lightly teared, along with the pages being dusted with a light brown color.