love

⌜ •   °    +   °   •   ⌝

⌜ • ° + ° • ⌝

Jungkook had been in love with you his entire life.

From the moment he had laid his eyes on you, he knew that you were the only one for him. His soulmate.

You were his best friend, and had been with him through thick and thin. No matter how many fights, disagreements, or problems you two went through, you'd always make up in the end.

That's what Jungkook loved about you. Well, one of the many things he loved about you.

The way you wouldn't hold grudges against him, like most people did.

He loved the way you would show kindness to everyone, even people who probably didn't deserve it.

He loved that you didn't care what others thought of you, except for the people important to you.

He found that enticing, and it hooked him on.

You and Jungkook spent every moment of every day together. If one of you was somewhere, the other would be right there with them.

Many people thought you were a couple, and while Jungkook would get flustered and quickly shoot down the question, you only smiled and slightly shook your head.

That's what convinced him that you felt the same way about him.

That you appreciated him just as much.

That you cared for him just as much.

That you loved him just as much.

One day, Jungkook couldn't take the pressure of waiting any longer.

Disregarding the time, he sped out of his house, down the street, and up your driveway. He pounded on your door four times, pausing before knocking once more.

Yeah, you two had a secret knock. You had came up with the idea when you were kids, and had been doing it ever since.

He heard footsteps approaching before the door opened, revealing your confused and half-asleep figure.

"Guk?" you questioned, rubbing your eyes to make sure you weren't hallucinating. "What're you doing here? It's two in the morning."

"I-I... " Jungkook stuttered, feeling his heart flutter at the nick name you had given him. "I... have to tell you something."

"Well, can it wait til morning? I have a family-thing I have to go to tomorrow and—"

"I-I love you!" he exclaimed, clamping his eyes shut as he clenched his fists at his side. "I love you, and I've been in love with you since we were kids."

You stared at the boy in shock, wondering if you had heard him correctly. "... w-what?"

"I'm in complete and total love with you, (Y/N)," Jungkook repeated as he felt his hands tremble.

Jungkook felt as if you stared at him for years. Every second that passed was agonizing to him.

After standing there for about five minutes, Jungkook sighed and looked down.

"This... this was a dumb idea, I'm sorry," he apologized. "I shouldn't have come."

Jungkook felt his eyes water as he backed up and turned away from you, feeling a terrible ache in his heart.

Is this what heartbreak feels like? he thought to himself as he walked down the driveway. Funny, I always thought those love songs were being dramatic.

Prepared to head home with a broken heart and broken spirit, Jungkook felt a tear slip out of his eye and descend down his cheek. He quickly brought his hand up and swiped it away, feeling even worse for crying.

Just as he was about to get to the end of the driveway, he felt a cold hand wrap clamp around his wrist. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, but before he could do anything, Jungkook was pulled into an tight embrace.

He looked [down/up] to be met with your body wrapped around his, hugging him as if he would vanish into thin air if you let him go.

Jungkook, still in shock, slowly wrapped his arms around your torso and stuffed his face into the crook of your neck.

"I love you, too, Jungkook," you whispered, holding him tight. "I just never thought you'd feel the same."

Jungkook smiled, a heartily smile, and kissed your cheek, his lips lingering there for a few seconds. "How could I not?"

You backed away from the hug and stared into his eyes, admiring every single one of his features.

He smiled and let out a breathy laugh, glancing down before licking his lower lip.

"I love you, (Y/N)," the dark haired boy whispered, placing a hand on your cheek.

"And I love you."

•••

Cringe level over nine thousand aha—

Sorry this is so sappy and, uh, not to mention cliche bjshjhshjdbdjsbhds

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BEAUTIFUL GOLDEN MAKNAEEEE

BABY IS HELLA OLD-

With that, I hope you enjoyed!

—ángel