partners- pt. 2

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

namjoon and (y/n) had met up after that class, exchanging addresses and phone numbers to be able to communicate for the project.

the entire time, jimin had been staring at joon with a knowing smile, slowly nodding his head as a smirk graced his lips.

namjoon ignored the boy and bid (y/n) a farewell, rolling his eyes as jimin stood on his tippy toes and threw an arm around the older male's shoulder.

"looks like hyung's got game!" jimin shouted, causing namjoon to harshly shush him.

"it's not game, it's for the project," he grumbled. "which, by the way, you should also
be doing."

jimin shrugged as he removed his arm from namjoon's shoulders, stuffing his hands into the pockets of his uniform pants. "there's an odd number, i didn't get a partner."

namjoon's glare softened as he stared at his underclassmen, biting the inside of his cheek in thought.

"it's cool though!" jimin smiled. "i'm used to working alone, no one wants to partner with the dumb class-clown."

joon looked at the boy in sympathy before sighing, running a hand through his hair. "you can... you can work with (y/n) and me."

"what?" the other boy questioned. "r-really?!"

the older boy nodded, dejectedly staring at the ground as he realized he just gave up the only alone-time he would probably ever have with (y/n). "yes, really."

"wow, thank you, hyung!" jimin exclaimed, enveloping the taller male in a hug before rushing down the hall to his next class.

namjoon let out a small chuckle, watching as jimin approached one of his best friends, jungkook, and told him the news.

joon pulled his phone out of his pocket, pulling up (y/n)'s contact information before sending them a quick text, telling them that jimin didn't have a partner and namjoon invited him to work with the two.

he sighed, stuffing his phone back into his pocket before making his way to his next period, excited that he would get to work on this project with (y/n), but annoyed that they would be joined by jimin.

the end of the school day soon arrived, namjoon walking home with a small skip in his step.

his happy mood was soon rained on as he heard the distant shouts of a familiar voice sounding from
behind him.