holidays

═ ∘◦❦◦∘ ═

═ ∘◦❦◦∘ ═

your friend had invited you to a party for the holidays, complaining that you never showed up to any of his other ones.

unfortunately, you agreed, and stood outside of his house in jeans and a hoodie, huddling your arms to your chest to try and shield out the harsh winter weather.

you knocked on the door about five times before an excited jungkook threw open the door and grinned at you. "you came!"

"i came..." you dejectedly replied, unenthusiastically throwing up jazz hands.

jungkook rolled his eyes and grabbed your wrist, dragging you inside the house.

you were met with the sight of decorations upon decorations, surprising you at how much effort he had put into this party. "wow."

"nice, right?" he questioned with a smirk, admiring his work. "it took me a day and a half."

"jeez." you let out a light laugh. "you're like a christmas simp."

"pretty much," jungkook agreed with a grin. "i gotta go say hi to people, but do whatever you want!"

"kook, wait, i-"

"there's snacks and drinks in the kitchen! help yourself!" he called back to you as he ran off to greet his other guests.

you sighed and looked around, walking by people drinking and engrossed in conversations about a wild range of different topics. 

"why did i even come?" you questioned to yourself, finding a spot on a wall that looked perfect for isolating yourself against.

you leaned against it, resting your head on it as well. pulling out your phone, you cursed your network provider at the "no service" message displayed on the top corner.

shoving it back into your pocket, you glanced around, spotting a boy wearing a blank white shirt and dangly earrings, who was conversing with another wearing a cheesy christmas sweater.

his gaze settled on you as he stopped talking, a smile etching its way onto his bright and plump lips.

you felt heat rush to your face as you smiled back at him, watching him say something to the other boy before making his way over to your direction.

is he coming over here? you thought to yourself. holy shit, i think he's coming over here-

he stopped in front of you, a smile on his face. "hey."

"hey," you breathed out.

he walked besides you and leaned against the spot to your left, holding a red solo cup in his hand. "did kook force you here, too?"

you let out a chuckle and nodded, fixing your gaze on the ceiling. "i mean, not so much forced, but guilt-tripped."

the boy laughed and turned to you, holding out his hand. "i'm jimin."

you smiled at him and shook it. "(y/n)."

"ohhh, you're (y/n). i knew you looked familiar." a look of realization spread across his face. "jungkook talks about you all the time."

you furrowed your eyebrows and tilted your head a bit to the side. "really?"

"mhm, says me and you would make a great couple."

you choked on air and coughed, pulling your shirt over your mouth. "what?"

jimin smiled and let out a loud laugh. "yeah, he literally never shuts up about it."

"god, he's annoying." you laughed, shaking your head.

the brunette nodded with a small smile and took a sip from his drink. "wanna leave?"

you furrowed your eyebrows and contemplated the request. "no offense, but we just met, and-"

"oh yeah, yeah, i get it." he dismissed. "well, i'm gonna head out."

you nodded and bit the inside of your cheek as he gave you a small wave.

"it was nice meeting you."

"yeah, you too," you responded, giving him a smile as he walked towards the front door, opening it before stepping out and shutting it behind him.

you sighed, looking around before furrowing your eyebrows.

(y/n), you just met him, he could he be a psycho for all you know.

...

well, would kook really be friends with him if he was?

...

dammit-

your boredom got the best of you as you hurriedly made your way to the front door, hoping you'd be able to catch jimin before he left.

as you stepped outside, you found the boy you were looking for leaning against his car, hands stuffed into the pockets of his hoodie as he smirked. "i knew you'd come."

you let out a breathy laugh as you walked down the steps to the driveway. "you're not a murderer or anything, right?"

"uh, last time i checked, i am not," he answered with a laugh.

"i have pepper spray in my jacket, just to let you know."

he snorted before opening the door to the passenger seat of the car, bowing as if you were royalty. "after you, your highness."

you looked at the car and then his face one more time before you stepped in, sitting down. "thank you, my peasant."

jimin laughed before shutting the door, making his way to the drivers side. one he got in he turned to you. "would you want me to drop you off somewhere or-"

"you think any diners are open? i'm in the mood for breakfast." you smiled, glancing at the snowy road ahead of you.

"i mean, it's christmas, we can try," he responded with a grin.

you smiled back at him.
"great."

and with that, the two of you took of to a nearby diner, having more fun in the hour you were there then the entire time you were at that party.

p.s., jungkook wouldn't stop complaining about how you ditched.

❈❈❈

hope you guys enjoyed! have a happy holidays and stay safe out there!

ángel