first days

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

it was no secret that jeon jungkook had feelings for you. he made it pretty obvious with his fruitless attempts at flirting and the cheesy poems he would write.

but you found it cute, nonetheless. along with also finding him cute.

the first time you met him was your first day at a new high school, drawing attention to yourself as "the kid who transferred in the middle of the year." you had trouble finding your english class, so jungkook, being the kind and goofy boy he was, escorted you after noticing you wondering around and playfully flirted along the way.

"ya know, you're cute, [y/n]." he smiled, placing his hands behind his head. "and i also happen to be cute, so you know what that means?"

you quirked an eyebrow and shook your head with a small smile, adjusting your grip on the binder you were holding. "what does it mean?"

"that we'd make a great couple," he answered, slyly winking at you as you two approached classroom 2-a, your english class.

you jokingly nodded, pulling open the door to the classroom as jungkook held it open behind you. "yeahhh, totally."

jungkook watched you walk over to a seat towards the middle of the room, contemplating on what to do. you were the only person in the room, considering that it was still pretty early. the teacher had stepped out, presumably to use the rest room, or make copies of an assignment, so jungkook took this as an opportunity to find out more about you.

he looked to his left and right to see if anyone was watching as he snuck into the classroom, letting the door slowly shut as he made his way to the seat next to yours, plopping down while resting his cheek against his palm to stare at you.

"what a coincidence, we have the same class?" he questioned with a cheesy smile, scooting his desk a bit closer to yours.

"you have history, you told me earlier," you replied, shooting him a knowing look as he pouted playfully.

"okay, fine, you caught me." he put his hands up in surrender. "but class doesn't start for another twenty minutes, so why're you here so early?"

"i could ask you the same thing." you raised an eyebrow, resting your chin on your fist as you stared at the white board on the front wall of the classroom.

"i'm in the music club, we rehearse early," he answered, stretching his arms a
out a bit with a grin.

"so... why aren't you there?" you asked, turning to face him with furrowed eyebrows.

"because a certain someone who was cute needed help finding their class," he replied with a smirk, leaning his face closer to yours.

you deadpanned and let out a fake scoff. "so the only reason you helped me was because i'm attractive?"

jungkook immediately widened his eyes and sat up straight, waving his hands around in a "no" motion. "no! that's not- that's not what i meant at all!"

you let out a light laugh and looked at the desk you were seated at, studying the symbols and words previous students had carved into it. "i know, i'm just messing with you."

jungkook let out a relieved breath, slightly laughing as well. he went to say something but was interrupted as someone cleared their throat from the entrance of the room. jungkook shot his head towards the door and let out a nervous laugh at the sight of the english teacher who was staring at jungkook with obvious distaste.

"what have i told you about your clubs, jungkook?" the teacher questioned, crossing his arms over his chest.

"um, i seem to have forgotten," he responded with a panicked smile. "would you please remind me?"

the teacher let out a sigh and pointed towards the door. "out, jeon."

"okay, okay," jungkook agreed, tossing you a wink as he stepped out of the desk and walked towards the door. "may i just say, mr. kim, that tie is looking lovely-"

"now," the teacher ordered with annoyance clearly present in his tone.

jungkook nodded and hurriedly walked out the door into the hallway, but not before turning back to the room, tossing you a small, cheesy grin and a wave as he walked backwards through the hallway. "see you at lunch, [y/n]."

you felt a small smile tug at your lips as you waved back. "see you."

as he walked away, you felt your heart speed up in your chest, suddenly looking forward to your upcoming days at SOPA high.

❈❈❈

hope you all enjoyed, and remember to stay hydrated! take care!

ángel