partners

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"It's due by the end of the week!"

A chorus of groans and grumbles could be heard throughout the classroom, no one excited to have to spend their already jam-packed week on a project that would take them hours and hours to complete.

"At least pretend you're excited," the teacher scoffed, shaking her head at her students lack of enthusiasm. "You're lucking I'm not assigning partners."

"Thank God!" someone from the back of the class yelled, earning laughs from around the classroom.

"Oh, really?" the teacher questioned. "Thank Jimin for his outburst, because I am now revoking my earlier statement. Partner time!"

Once again, a chorus of groans and cursed sounded throughout the classroom, most students turning to shoot glares at the Class-Clown.

Jimin sighed and turned to his friend Namjoon, who was distracted by someone towards the front of the class.

"Yo, hyung!" Jimin called out, slapping his friends shoulder. "Quick eye-screwing that person and partner up with me!"

Namjoon sighed and shook his head, glancing over at his underclassmen, who was unfortunately, his only friend in the class. "We're getting assigned partners."

"So?" Jimin questioned, quirking an eyebrow at the older boy.

Namjoon let out another sight before rolling his eyes. "We can't pick our own."

Jimin made a face of realization and nodded in understanding. "Well, then I hope I get paired with someone smart!"

Joon quirked an eyebrow. "Really? I thought you'd want to parter up with that other dumb kid."

"Hey! Kook is not dumb!" Jimin defended, pointing an accusing finger at his hyung. "Just... a bit slow sometimes."

"Whatever," Joon replied, resting his head on the palm of his hand, continuing to stare at the person he hoped to get paired with.

"Who are you staring at, anyways?" Jimin, rather loudly, asked as he poked Namjoon's shoulder. "Does hyung have a crush~?"

"Shut up, shorty," Namjoon snapped, shooting a sharp glare at Jimin.

"Someone needs a tampon," Jimin muttered under his breath, holding his hands up in surrender. "But, c'moooon! Who is it!"