He's alive

(Y/N) sat between Tim and Toby, her swollen eyes itchy and her raw cheeks burned. She watched as Nurse Ann finished bandaging her ankle, but didn't make any signs of being alive at all. A few times, a tired Smiles would crawl into her lap and nudge her hand, requesting attention, but her eyes would never falter from the floor. Tim would reach his arms around her shoulders and hug her, but she would never move her hands. She was as lifeless as Brian.

Ann patted her ankle to signal she was done, collected her supplies, and walked across the living room to attend to Laughing Jack and his broken arm. (Y/N) sighed, the first sound she had made in several hours, and laid her head against the back of the couch. Smiles attempted to climb onto her lap again, and she let him. Her almost numb hand found itself combing its fingers though Smiles' thick, soft fur. The dog reached up to lick the remains of the salty tears off of her cheeks, and she wrapped her arms around his torso in a hug.

Tim wrapped his arm around her again, hugging her, and she leaned into it a little. Toby smiled slightly and stood up. Clockwork scooted over from his other side, broken goggles and torn mask in her hands, and took his place. Toby held his hand out to (Y/N), and she took it. Smiles lept from her lap before claiming another spot on Tim's. Toby helped her up, supporting her under her arm due to her ankle, and began to lead her across the room.

On a cot from EJ's lab, Liu sat with Jeff. (Y/N) tore almost immediately from Toby and flew into Liu's unsuspecting arms. He sat there rigid as a board until (Y/N) let him go and sat next to him.

"I thought you were a goner!" she cried through new tears of happiness, "Didn't Apothia get away?"

Jeff shook his head.

"You never saw it because of... well, you know," he began, "But somehow I got her pinned and gave it everything I had. She was dead within seconds."

(Y/N) took Liu's cold hand.

"And you guys were right! Kill the source and he'll come back."

Liu yanked his hand away, not being the most accepting of physical touch.

"The thing is, I don't remember anything," he said, "I kind of wish I did, so I could punch Jeffery for breaking my stitches."

"Hey, I saved your life!" Jeff retaliated.

They started to bicker back and forth while (Y/N) stood up and held her arm out to Toby. He ducked underneath it and began to lead her away.

"Where are you taking me this time?" she asked.

"Someone's here to see you," Toby said.

He opened the kitchen door, and at the long glass table sat Jay. His mask and hat lay abandoned beside him, and his head was buried in his arms.

He raised his head and looked at (Y/N). The second he saw her, he got up, slowly walked over to her, and brought her into a hug. His heaving shoulders and pitiful sobs melted into (Y/N).

"He was so young," Jay whimpered.

(Y/N) rubbed his back, trying not to cry as well.

"I know," she sighed, "But Slender and EJ are working as hard as they can."

As soon as she finished, there was a loud bang from Slender's office.

She was limped over to the hall, where smoke was billowing out from under the door to Slender's office. EJ, still maskless, whipped the door open and was fanning his arms frantically to vent out the room. Slender's voice could be heard calling,

"Once you're done there, get me a towel and someone strong. I don't think he can walk on his own."

EJ nodded and ran from the room and into the bathroom, returning with one of their bath towels. As he returned and headed for the living room, he saw Jay, (Y/N) and Toby. He seemed to slow down, wondering if he should say something, but gave up and continued to the living room. He ended up choosing Tim, dragging the man by the arm back to Slender's office.

A few minutes later, Tim staggered from the office, carrying someone in his arms.

"Oh come on Tim, I don't think I'm that heavy," Brain laughed.

(Y/N) almost dropped dead in excitement and disbelief. Ignoring her ankle again, she ran to Brian and almost knocked Tim over in her bear hug.

She sobbed into Brian's sweaty chest, of which was covered with a hospital gown. He maneuvered his weak arms around her and buried his face into her hair, tears threatening to spill onto his own cheeks.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," (Y/N) bawled.
"What are you sorry for?" Brian choked out.

"I could've found you sooner, I could've let Zalgo take me instead, I could've--"

She was cut off by Brian lifting up her chin and quickly kissing her.

"It's not your fault," he smiled.

(Y/N) grinned and buried her face in his chest again.

After a few more hugs, both from (Y/N) and the other guys present, Brian was carried out into the living room. Everyone seemed to stop dead in their tracks.

"You're alive!"

**********

"Uncle Tim?" James asked, "Where'd you get that scar?"

The young boy pointed to the three large scars on Tim's left arm. Tim himself set down the book he was reading from and grinned.

"Your mom," He responded with.

James frowned, his fluffy, dirty blonde hair falling in front of his eyes.

"No, I'm serious," Tim said, mimicking James' stature, "Come here, I'll tell you the whole story."

"Boys," (Y/N) called, coming down the stairs, "Be good while mommy and daddy are gone, alright?"

"We will mom," James smiled as (Y/N) placed a kiss on top of his head.

"Yeah, no need to worry about us," Tim smiled.

(Y/N) pointed a finger at him.

"I'm more worried about you than my son."

Tim held his arms in defence.

"They'll be fine," Brian said, coming down the stairs as well.

"How many times have we let Tim babysit and something went wrong?" He asked, coming over and kissing (Y/N)'s temple.

(Y/N) herself raised her eyebrows at him.

"On the other hand, don't answer that," Brian said.

(Y/N) giggled and gave James one last kiss on the head.

"Be good," she called as she shut the door behind her and Brian.

James' head whipped back to Tim once the lock clicked into place.

"What?" Tim asked.

"Tell me the story!" James pleaded, smacking his little hands on the couch.

Tim laughed, finding the child's impatience something he saw in Brian.

"Alrighty kiddo, let me tell you how Mrs. Thomas almost killed your dear Uncle Tim."