This is Nice

They walked through the woods, Brain using one hand to hold his mask against his cut, the other to hold (Y/N)'s hand.

"Hey (Y/N)?" He suddenly asked.

"What's up?"

"Can... can you still call me Hoodie around the others? I don't know how comfortable I am with them yet," Brian requested.

(Y/N) felt butterflies when she heard he was comfortable around her, but responded,

"Of course."

When they arrived back at the house, Brian stopped.

"What's wrong?" (Y/N) asked.

"I don't exactly want them to see my face..." Brain said with a worried expression.

(Y/N) stared off into the distance, thinking, before an idea popped into her head.

"I left my bedroom window open, we should be able to sneak through there. I'll run and get a med kit once we're inside," she said.

Brian nodded and followed her around the back of the house. They clambered through the open window before Brian sat down on her bed and sighed.

"Tired?" (Y/N) asked as she left.

Brain groaned happily as he laid down sideways on her bed.

(Y/N) smiled and snuck down to the lab stairs. Skipping the creaky step, she jumped down onto the tiled floor.

She looked around until she found the cabinets labeled Med Kits. She crouched down and shuffled through the cluttered cabinet before she found one.

"(Y/N)?"

(Y/N) quickly jumped up and faced the speaker. It was Jack.

"Are you okay?"

(Y/N) looked down at her arms, where the sleeves of her sweater were torn and the vein marks were still vibrant.

"Oh this? Ha ha, yeah I'm fine," (Y/N) lied.

Jack looked at her in a way that screamed that he didn't believe her.

"Come here, I'll just take a quick look at your arms," he said as he patted a cot.

(Y/N) felt herself start to sweat. If she didn't get up to Brian soon, that cut could get infected. But, before she knew it, Jack had physically dragged her to the cot and sat her down. Sticking a thermometer in her mouth and a blood pressure dial on her arm, he began to run tests.

"Jack, really I'm fine," (Y/N) lied through the thermometer.

Jack ignored her and took out the thermometer.

"Your temperature's fine. So's your blood pressure. Your heart rate's way up though," He sighed, "Did you overexert yourself somehow?"

"No," (Y/N) squirmed.

Jack suddenly pulled a syringe out of his sweatshirt pocket and held it to one of the marks.

"I'm just going to run some tests," he said, sticking the needle in her arm.

(Y/N) gripped the cot's sheets at the sudden pain, squeezing her eyes shut. When Jack pulled the needle out, the blood wasn't only red, it also had swirls of black in it.

As Jack dripped the blood into a Petrie dish, (Y/N) asked,

"Hey Jack? Can I... go to the bathroom?"

Jack nodded, not looking up from his work.

(Y/N) leapt up from the cot and grabbed the Med Kit on her way out, hiding it up her sweater.