Answer Honestly

When (Y/N) got to lunch, Hoodie wasn't there. He wasn't at dinner either. She poked at her chicken with her fork, worrying.

"What's up pipsqueak?" Masky asked her.

"Do you know where Hoods is?" (Y/N) asked, "I haven't seen him since breakfast."

Masky just smirked and went back to eating.

"Haven't seen him."

(Y/N) sighed and glanced at the empty seat beside her. She was concerned that he encountered another Zalgo follower out in the woods, or worse, was killed.

She pushed away her plate, sliding off of her chair.

"I'm not hungry," she said over her shoulder to Slender.

Making her way down the hall, she entered her room and flopped down onto her bed. She rolled over and grabbed her pillow before shoving her head under it, like it was going to mute her racing thoughts.

Knock knock knock

(Y/N) pulled her head out from her pillow, smoothing out her hair before opening her door.

Out in the hallway stood Hoodie, and she instantly threw herself into his arms.

"I was so worried about you!" She yelled into his chest.

Hoodie chucked and ran his fingers through her hair.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," he said, "I was getting ready for our walk."

(Y/N) contemplated why that would take all day, but before she could ask, Hoodie asked,

"Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah."

Hoodie gently took her hand and lead her outside into the orange sunset. Again, once a few yards into the forest, he took off his mask and stuffed it in his pocket. (Y/N) could notice a small bit of red climbing up his cheeks that he seemed to be trying hard to ignore.

"Is it alright if I cover your eyes?" He asked.

(Y/N) nodded and he placed his gloved hands over her eyes. He began to lead her though the quickly darkening forest, being sure to tell her when to watch her step.

After about five minutes of walking, they arrived at where Brian was leading them. He took his hands off of her face to show her where they were.

They were standing in a clearing, soft, tender grass coating the forest floor. Even though night had fallen, the area was well lit with many small candles. The tall oak, maple and birch trees extended into the sky, creating a leafy circle under the curtain of stars. In the center of the patch was a red buffalo flannel blanket.

Brian took (Y/N)'s hand again and lead her into the blanket, laying down. She followed suit and laid her head on his chest, and could hear his hammering heartbeat. She notified him of this.

"What's it sound like?" Brian whispered.

"It sounds like you're nervous," (Y/N) answered.

She reached up and placed her hand on his chest, and could feel and hear his heartbeat speed up. She was distracted from it when Brian pointed towards the sky.

"Look, shooting star," he said.

(Y/N) watched it flicker across the sky before asking,

"What's it mean?"

"You're supposed to make a wish, you go first."

(Y/N) thought for a moment, staring up at the sky before saying,

"I wish that we can stay like this forever. What's yours?"

Brian paused momentarily.

"I wish you'll give me an honest answer to my next question," he said.

(Y/N) was confused but then Brian sat both her and himself up. He looked her straight in the eye, both of his hands holding hers and said,

"(Y/N), I've known you for awhile and... it feels weird saying this but... you've really broken me out of my shell. And when that happens, you can't help but get attached to that person. It starts out as a friendship but then you want something more. I need something more. (Y/N), only if you're okay with it..."

Brian paused.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

(Y/N) sat in shock for a moment before throwing herself onto him. After so much time of separation, she pressed her lips onto his. It was only seconds before he kissed back. His lips were warm and soft, just as she had imagined them, and he kissed her passionately, hungrily even.

Soon, way too soon for both of them, they broke apart, pressing their foreheads together. Brian chuckled and leaned back.

"So is that a yes?"

"Oh hush, I'm not done with you yet," (Y/N) smiled, grabbing his sweatshirt collar and pulling him back in.

..................

When (Y/N) and Hoodie arrived back through the front door, Masky instantly barricaded towards them.

"How'd it go?" He asked.

Hoodie didn't answer but quickly pulled up his mask halfway. Grabbing (Y/N) by her waist, he smashed his lips into hers. (Y/N) kissed him back and placed her hand on his cheek. When they broke apart, Masky was beaming.

"What the—?"

All three of them turned to see Toby standing in the kitchen doorway in his pajamas, his stale brownie dropped on the floor.

"Did... are you guys...?"

"You're supposed to be in bed!" Masky hissed.

"Who died and made you boss of me?" Toby spat, "But seriously, are you two...?"

"Yes, Toby, we're dating," Hoodie said.

All three of the others seemed shocked that he just spoke in front of Toby. But Toby himself quickly overcame it and ran up to them.

"Awww! I'm so happy for you guys!" He gushed, pulling them in for a hug.

Masky quickly hushed him, saying,

"Do you want to wake everyone else up? They're not supposed to know yet either!"

Toby seemed to listen this time because he whispered,

"Congrats guys!"

He let them go, a wide smile on his face while he bounced on the balls of his feet. Masky came forward and pulled Hoodie into a hug, slapping his back and saying,

"Good job, dude."

When he released Hoodie he turned to (Y/N) and held out his arms. She smiled and hugged him, and was surprised to feel a little bit of dad bod.

"You're a lucky girl, (Y/N)," Masky smiled.

"Thanks Tim," she smiled back.

Masky let her go, holding her at arms length and giving her a meaningful smile, but said,

"I'll let that one slide, but call me that again and you're dead. It doesn't matter that you're dating my best friend."

Hoodie rested his hand on her shoulder, but (Y/N) said,

"Alright Tim, goodnight."

Masky's smile disappeared, but he just turned around and walked away, muttering,

"I'm too tired for this bull crap."

Toby gave them each one last hug before wishing them goodnight and picking up his brownie. Once they heard Toby go upstairs, Hoodie cleared his throat. (Y/N) turned around to look at him.

"Can I have a goodnight kiss?" He asked.

(Y/N) smirked but stood up on her tippy-toes and gave him one more kiss.

"Goodnight Brian," she called over her shoulder as she headed for her room.

"Goodnight."