The 'Magnum Opus' Plan

"Toby, come here!"

(Y/N) could hear him get up and run downstairs. He announced his presence by jumping over the back of the couch and into the seat.

"What's up?" He panted.

(Y/N) picked up a note pad and pen from the coffee table.

"What do you and Clockwork like to do when you guys hang out?" She asked.

Toby gave her a confused look.

"What's this for?" He asked.

(Y/N) waved her hand, saying,

"Never mind that, just answer the question."

Toby furrowed his brows for a moment before saying,

"Well... we usually play some Mario Kart, then we'll talk, and sometimes we'll go on a walk..."

(Y/N) hummed and started taking notes.

"Once in a while we'll bake something. Sometimes we play with Smiles..."

"Anything else?" (Y/N) asked.

Toby shook his head before (Y/N) leapt up. Grabbing his hand, she dragged him into the kitchen where the phone was.

"What're you doing?" He asked as (Y/N) started pushing buttons.

(Y/N) didn't answer but pressed call. She pushed the phone and notepad into Toby's hands with a smile.

"(Y/N)? What— no, I'm not going to—"

"Hello?" Clockwork's voice could be heard on the other end.

Toby froze for a moment before saying,

"Hey, Clocky. What's up?"

"Oh, nothing much," Clockwork said in a happy tone, "Is there something wrong? Usually you call me on Saturday."

Toby looked up at (Y/N), a scared look on his face. (Y/N) only continued to smile but nodded at the notepad. Toby glanced down at it, turning it in his hand.

"Toby?"

He suddenly snapped to attention, saying,

"Yeah! Yeah, sorry. What'd you say?"

"I asked if you're okay," Clockwork said in a concerned tone.

Toby ran a shaky hand through his hair and sighed.

"Yeah, everything's cool, I just wanted to... to uh..." he glanced back down at the notepad and whispered, "What?"

(Y/N) bounced on the balls of her feet and nodded to the notepad again.

"Toby, seriously man, is everything okay?" Clockwork asked on the other end.

"Yeah!" Tony burst out before regaining his composure, "I just..."

He lifted the notepad to his face.

"I just wanted to know if you wanted to come over and play some Mario Kart? Maybe bake something, whatever boats your float?"

Toby gave (Y/N) an extremely confused look as nothing could be heard from Clockwork.

All of a sudden, Clockwork burst out laughing.

"I'd love to, Tobester," she giggled, "What time?"

"How about 11?" Toby asked.

Clockwork agreed and they wrapped up the call. After they had both hung up, Toby slammed down the notepad on the island with surprising force.