The Rake

(Y/N) sat in her room, opening a large, long package. Masky had dropped it off at her door, saying that he didn't need it anymore and would hate to see it go to waste.

Throwing her scissors aside, she pulled at the lid until it gave way. With a few promising sounds, it popped open.

(Y/N) brushed a few stray hairs from her face before peering into the cardboard box.

Inside sat dusty, well worn keyboard and bench. (Y/N) smiled and pulled it out, rubbing her sleeve across it. On one side was a power switch, which she pressed. The keyboard seemed to be battery powered, which was good because the only place for it did not have any outlets near it.

(Y/N) rested her fingers on the keys and played a crappy C chord. The only experience she had with music was when she snuck into a Pellegrino's at night and had played on their pianos without experience until sunrise. Looking back inside the box, she searched for anything else.

Shoved in the bottom of the box was a music ethics book, also worn and a little folded. (Y/N) reached into the box and pulled it out. It was extremely dogeared and faded, but when she opened it, she was able to read the music.

It was when her bedroom door open that she dropped it. Looking up, she saw Hoodie standing in her doorway.

"Oh, hey," she smiled, "What's up?"

Hoodie walked into her room and held out his hand. She took it and stood, asking,

"Are we going on a walk or something?"

Hoodie shook his head solemnly and made a gun with his fingers. (Y/N) understood what he meant and grabbed her shotgun from her closet. Before she could utter another word, Hoodie grabbed her hand and drug her outside and into the woods.

Panting, he pulled off his mask and bent over.

"Hood— Brian, what's wrong?" (Y/N) asked, placing a hand on his back.

Brian panted before pulling his mask back over his head and standing up.

"We need to get farther away from the house," was all that he said.

As they walked further into ether forest, (Y/N)'s concerns began to get the best of her. She was worried that Brian was mad at her, or that he was going to break up with her, or he would lead her all the way out here then ditch her.

Lost in her thoughts, (Y/N) didn't realize that Brian had come to a stop in front of her. She ran face first into his back with an oof!

"Brian what's—"

"Shhh..." he cut her off, his finger to his masked lips.

(Y/N) wrapped her arms around his waist, but all he did was look around at the surrounding trees, as if looking for something. When he didn't see anything, he continued walking, tearing out of (Y/N)'s hug like it was a spider web. (Y/N) herself stood there for a moment, pained, before trotting after him.

"Are you not going to tell me what—"

Brian cut her off again by shushing her, harsher this time. (Y/N) could feel tears sting the corner of her eyes, but she blinked them away. Again, her thoughts began to race.

What've I done wrong? She asked herself, I mean, I've been talking to a lot of guys recently, but they're like brothers to me, not anything more. Am I not paying enough attention to him? Does he need more than I'm giving him? Am I just not good enough for him?

The last thought was enough to get the tears flowing. As she wiped them away, she tried her best to keep the sniffles silent, as to not get Brian mad.