dhá

"Sometimes, it's not about the 9-paged love letter. Sometimes, it's just about how [they] wrote the whole thing in your favorite color." L.L.

Being an event planner has been Harry's dream since he was seventeen. Born and raised in Boston, Massachusetts he was presented with an array of options when it pertained to job opportunities. He graduated from Boston University six years ago, and he hasn't really looked back since. While he may have planned his first party at age five (his teddy bears requested a tea party on the porch); his first professional event was a children's day at the mall. It's only been uphill since then.

He met Louis during his freshman year at BU, when he was snowed in at Starbucks, and the cranky graduate student beside him wouldn't stop complaining about missing his flight home for winter break. He hadn't known it at the time, but he and that cranky student would be partners in six years. Less cranky, and more intelligent than he had been when they met, Louis practically stole Harry's heart. They talk about it a lot.

At the beginning, Harry hadn't planned on children. He wanted to focus on his career and Louis' hours were nearly unbearable. The life of a surgeon can easily become a lonely one, but they made it work. Once Louis finished his internship and was finally able to vaguely plan his hours, Harry began thinking about kids. His Pinterest boards were full of snacks, games, art projects- anything and everything pertaining to small children being a part of his life.

When his mother visits, all of Harry's planning usually comes back around and smacks him in the face. But not today. Today is different. Today Louis might propose, and all twenty seven year old Harry wants to do is tell his mom about it.

"You got new curtains." His mom points out, and Harry nods.

"We decided to start decorating as if we're selling." He explains, grabbing a mug to pour his mother coffee in. He turns to look at him over the breakfast bar.

"You're selling?"

"You know that apartment I showed you a few months back?" His mom nods, but Harry knows that she probably doesn't remember. It had been a fleeting conversation. "Louis is applying us for it, and I think we might get it."

"You're moving back into the city, then." Harry hands the coffee to his mom, and she takes it graciously. Harry sits down.

"Yeah, it makes sense to."

"So, Louis isn't at all considering children still? Downsizing from this house to the apartment would make children difficult, don't you think?" His mom takes a sip of the coffee, and Harry thinks this is the time to tell her.

"I'm getting engaged."

"What?"

"Louis and I." Harry smiles widely. "We're getting engaged."

"But you're not engaged yet?"

"Well, no. Not yet. But tonight before he leaves for Dublin."

"It's about time. You have waited long enough. If I were you, I would have followed him to Ireland and proposed if he didn't." Harry's mom shakes her head, and Harry laughs.

"Lucky for you, I won't have to do that."

"So kids are still on the table, then."

"The apartment is four blocks away from Kingsley Montessori."

She smiles widely, looking excited. "That school was so good for you. I'm sure if you have a baby, it'll do the same for them."

Harry's phone buzzes, and he takes it out to check it. He grins at the cute 'I Love You' message he received from Louis. "I have to show you the bio for this new couple I was sent."