ceathair déag

"Heads I win, tails you lose."
Leap Year

"You're lucky I'm still awake." The woman opens her door further. "I almost went to bed, but then I thought better of it."

"Thank you so much." Niall speaks on behalf of both him and Harry.

"We have one room left. Do you boys mind sharing? If not I'm sure I can wake my husband up an-"

"Oh, please don't do that." Harry cuts her off. "We wouldn't want to inconvenience you."

"American, I take it." The woman notes Harry's accent.

"Boston."

"Exotic." She smiles, and Niall coughs into his hands. "The room is right this way."

Harry and Niall follow the old woman down a hallway and into a bedroom. There's a quaint dresser, decorative flowers on the nightstand, a room off to the left that Harry assumes is a bathroom, and a small, twin size bed in the center of the room.

"Here we are." The woman says. "Bathroom is right there, my husband and I are upstairs if there's an emergency. Breakfast is at eight. I've got all sorts planned for you and the other couple staying with us. Planning to make blood pudding- an old family recipe."

"Blood pudding." Harry repeats. She nods, smiling.

"You know, Mrs. Brady, why don't you let me cook breakfast?" Niall offers. "After all, you did take us in on such short notice."

"Oh, no I couldn't."

"He's a chef." Harry says. "Owns a pub, and everything. He's very good."

"Are you sure?" She asks.

"Absolutely." Niall nods vehemently, and Mrs. Brady smiles wider.

"Grand! I'm off to bed now. You boys have a good night's sleep."

"You as well." Harry offers as she leaves the room, shutting the door. Once she's gone, the two of them stare at the bed.

"I'm not sharing with you."

"Correction," Harry sets down his backpack. "I'm not sharing with you."

"I don't think so."

"Well I do." Harry says. "You can sleep..." He looks around. "On the rug."

"On the rug." Niall repeats.

"Yes."

"You've got to be fucking with me."

please comment and vote if you're enjoying this story! :)