fiche a naoi

"The moment you feel like you have to prove your worth to someone is the moment you absolutely and utterly walk away."
Alysia Harris

"How many pillows do you sleep with?"

Niall thinks about it, counting in his head. "Eight. Three under my head, one on each side of me, and three by my legs."

"Holy- that's a lot of pillows."

"They're too distract me from the fact I'm sleeping alone." Niall jokes, and Harry laughs.

"That many pillows and one would think you're day dreaming of an orgy."

He coughs into his hands, and looks around the small shop. "What's your favorite color?"

Harry grins, picking a blue candle off the shelf and smelling it. "I like purple."

"That's a good color."

"What's yours?"

"Probably orange." Niall says. "What's that one smell like?"

"Cotton something or other." Harry holds it out to Niall. "Try it."

Niall smells the candle, nodding. "It smells clean."

Harry puts the lid back on it and sets it back on the shelf, grabbing another candle from right beside it. This one is a deep purple color. "Blackberry and Honey." He reads the label.

"I love blackberry, let me smell." Niall snatches the candle from Harry's hands and pulls the lid off. Sniffing it, he smiles widely. "This one is my favorite so far. Smell it."

Harry does what he's told, nodding in agreement. "It's good. What's your favorite book?"

"I'm not much of a reader." Niall answers truthfully.

"That's okay. Not everybody is."

"But I do like biographies. I read one on the Wright Brothers last month that was wicked."

"You like history, then?"

"Yeah." He nods.

"That's cool." Harry smiles.

"Do you like history?" Niall asks, intrigued.

"I like learning about Prohibition. I think the mafia, and the speakeasies, and the flappers in big cities are interesting."

"Prohibition." The Irishman pretends to shudder. "I could never."

Harry laughs. "What's your favorite book?"

"A Very Hungry Caterpillar."

Niall looks at him. "Really."

"Really."

"That's probably the cutest thing to have ever come out of your mouth." Niall grins, picking another candle, this one a dark burgundy. He takes off the lid and smells it. He puts it back without asking Harry to smell it too, and Harry is more offended than he probably should be by the action.

"Do you like candles?"

"They smell nice." Niall grins, and Harry rolls his eyes.

"You smell nice."

Niall laughs loudly, quickly covering his mouth in an attempt to quiet down. "Now I know that's a lie. We both smell horrible."

"You're the one that pushed me into the water." Harry shrugs. Niall raises his eyebrow and shakes his head.

"It's always my fault, isn't it?"

"Absolutely."

Niall laughs again, shoving playfully at Harry, who grabs his hand and pulls him close, wanting to kiss him. Before he gets a chance, Niall turns his head and Harry kisses his cheek.

"Meanie."

"Husband."

"The candles don't know that."

"As much as I appreciate that line, you use it an awful lot." Niall says. "And apparently, you also don't know that you have a husband."

"No, I do. I'm proposing to him later today."

"You're so willing to cheat. How can you even call yourself in love?" Niall raises the question Harry has been trying to ignore all day.

"Let's not talk about it." He says.

"Right, let's just continue to kiss and forget."

"I've trained you so well." Harry smiles, and Niall shakes his head.

"You're absolutely hopeless, you know that?"

"Hopeless romantic, actually. Or so I've been told."

"I could have told you that."

"Can I kiss you now?"

"When you were eight years old, what did you want to be when you grew up?"

"An event planner."

"And you fulfilled that dream, right?" Niall asks, and Harry nods.

"I did."

"And when you were sixteen, what relationship did you want to be in?"

Harry thinks about it for a moment or two. "I wanted to be with someone who loved me and who I loved in return, I guess. Want adventure and, oh, have you ever seen 13 Going On 30? There's this scene where they're walking at night and they buy old 80s candy and swing on a playground. I always wanted that."

"And have you fulfilled that dream?" Niall asks again, and Harry let's go of him, thinking about his question. When he realizes the answer, he can't say it aloud.