fiche a sé

"Isn't it kind of amazing how a person who was a stranger can suddenly, without warning, mean the entire world to you?"

"I haven't ridden a train since I was in college." Harry says, taking his luggage from Niall's hands and picking it up.

"Really?"

"Well, I mean, unless you count the T. But that isn't a train, technically."

"What's the T?"

"It's Boston's subway. Like the metro? I'm not sure what it's called in Ireland."

"Oh," Niall nods in understand. "The metro, yeah. That isn't a train at all."

"Well it's on tracks, and it's a T train."

"This is going to be a cool train." Niall says, holding open the door for Harry to walk through.

"Cool is subjective."

"Yes, but trust me on this one."

"Really. Trust you? The guy who pushed me into that water?" Harry raises an eyebrow, looking over at Niall.

"I'm also the guy who let you feel him up, so don't get sassy."

"I'm not getting sassy." Harry states. "You just don't know what a train is."

"I know what a fucking train is."

"It could be the train we get on, if you let it." Harry shoots Niall a wide, cheesy smile, and Niall rolls his eyes.

"Cheaters never prosper."

"Liars never prosper."

"What?" Niall asks.

"It's liars never prosper. Cheaters never win." Harry explains, following Niall to the self-service station to get their train tickets.

"Thank you, Aristotle."

"Anytime."

"Not after today." Niall notes, stopping by the machine. "We're going to Galway, right?"

"What?" Harry looks up, confused.

"Nevermind." He laughs, buying tickets for the next train to Dublin. "But like I was saying, it's not anytime. It's for today only, remember?"

"Hmm?"

"That's why you wanted to shove your tongue down my throat half an hour ago."

"You talk an awful lot."

"Your point?"

"Are you trying to get me to ask for your number?" Harry cuts to the chase, and Niall's jaw sets.

"No."

"Because I don't have an international package. I also don't have a phone, because someone thought it would be wise to push me into the water."

"I never said I wanted to exchange numbers." Niall defends himself. "What makes you think I would want to keep in contact with you after today?"

Harry doesn't let Niall's words get to him. Even after only one day, he knows Niall's teasing tone. "I want to keep in contact with you."

"Husband." Niall warns him, and he shakes his head, taking his ticket from Niall's hands. The pair head to boards to see if their train has arrived. When they find that it has, they find their car and board. The ticket master checks their tickets and let's them pass.

"So, you went to uni?" Niall asks as they make their way down the aisle.

"I did." Harry nods once. "Did you?"

"No." He shakes his head. "I had his crazy idea that if I ran away to a different city and started a different life, I would be happier than at school."

"You ran away?"

"No, not really." he answers, waiting for Harry to take his seat so that he could follow. "I more, like, left without permission."

"If you had gone to school, what would you have studied?"

"Political science and international law." Niall spouts off, as if it was what he had been trained to say when asked this particular question.

"What would you have really wanted to study?" Harry asks.

"Culinary." He answers truthfully this time. "Which is why I left and saved up for my restaurant."

"Your pub."

"Restaurant. Pub. Whatever."

"Did it take you a long time to save up money?"

"I had my savings to help me, so no," Niall says. "Not really."

"Damn," Harry sighs in disappointment. "I was hoping you were going to say you stripped."

"Oh, well I mean. I thought that was a given."

Both men laugh quietly at the joke, falling into comfortable silence as they awaited the train to leave the station. Harry notices that there is WiFi on the train, and wishes Niall hadn't ruined his cellphone. Then maybe he could have messaged Zayn. He told him that he would, anyway. Niall starts fidgeting in his spot, his leg bouncing up and down, beginning to slightly bother Harry.

"Stop fidgeting."

"S'a habit." Niall mumbles, leaning his head back and closing his eyes.

"An annoying one."

"You have annoying habits too."

Harry scoffs. "No way."

"You're living in a dream, mate. You, Harry Styles, have one too many annoying habits."

"Says you."

"And I'm always right."

"Except when it comes to trains, sure." Harry teases, and Niall smirks, whacking Harry's shoulder.

"Shut up."