fiche a haon

"A kiss may ruin a human life."
Oscar Wilde

"Say goodbye to Wiggles."

"Bye Wiggles."

Harry and Niall say their goodbyes to everyone in the bed and breakfast, including the Brady's dog. It's not even eleven o'clock in the morning, and Harry has a good feeling about that. The pair head out, following the directions Mrs. Brady wrote down for them. The town is small, Mrs. Brady explained that the falls they'll be visiting are only a mile and a half away. She had tried to make her husband drive the two of them, but Harry refused the help.

"So, these best friends of yours." Niall starts, and Harry cuts him off.

"We talk about me a lot. Let's talk about you this time." Harry sticks his hands in his pockets.

"You don't want to talk about me."

"Maybe I do, though." He smiles encouragingly.

"What are your friends' names?" Niall changes the subject back, and Harry sighs.

"Zayn and Juelle are my best friends. We've known each other since high school."

"And they're married?"

"Yep." Harry nods. "They are."

Niall looks at Harry expectantly. "Do you have pictures?"

Harry laughs at Niall's nosiness and pulls out his phone. Scrolling through his photo album, he pulls up the photo of Juelle and Freesia he took at Freesia's first soccer game of the year. He shows it to Niall. "That's Juelle and Freesia."

"Beautiful." He notes. "Freesia is adorable. Her smile takes up half her face."

"She's the funniest child I have ever met." Harry grins thinking about her, remembering the week before when Freesia was telling him her best jokes.

"She looks like a proper comedian."

Harry nods and takes back his phone to find his favorite photo of himself and Zayn. They went to an art showcase a few months back, and they took a photo with a sculpture that was there in the gardens. He shows the picture to Niall once he finds it.

"You're one of those." Niall shakes his head. "I should have known."

"What do you mean?"

The Irishman laughs, giving Harry a look. "That pretty guy who hangs out with his pretty friends, going to hipster places that nobody in their right mind would ever go."

"It was a showcase that Juelle had pieces in." Harry defends himself and his friends.

"She's an artist?"

"Yeah, she works at a gallery downtown. Not the one in the picture, that was at a museum. She's a really popular local artist. She's does everything, you know? But her speciality is street art and graffiti. The city commissioned her to design a mural for downtown that she's going to be putting up next summer."

"My mates and I go camping sometimes."

"You have friends?"

Niall smacks Harry's shoulder, laughing again. "Arse, yeah I do."

"And you go camping?"

"Yep. And we go bar hopping and to shows."

"That sounds really fun."

"But since you broke my car, I won't get to go anywhere anytime soon." Niall teases, and Harry's mouth forms an o.

"Hey, now. That wasn't my fault."

"Yeah, it was."

"Lies."

"Whatever you have to tell yourself," Niall bites his tongue in a smile. "Tourist."

"Shut up." Harry ducks his head, and Niall laughs at him.

"You're not very good with teasing." He says, but Harry knows that isn't the problem. He's fine with teasing. It's the flirting he's having trouble handling.

"I'm great with teasing."

"Yeah, okay."

"Keep it up, and I'll drown you once we get to this waterfall." Harry warns.

Niall chuckles, his shoulders shaking with it as he walks on the sidewalk. The park Mrs. Brady told them to look out for can be seen on the horizon. "You'd probably get to Dublin faster if you did."

time to check in. how you enjoying the story?