deich

"Play is the highest form of research."
Albert Einstein

Harry hopes they find a driver soon. It looks like it's going to rain.

"Nobody is outside." He says as they pass yet another empty front yard. "We'll never find anybody to help us."

"Not with that attitude." Niall gives Harry a look. "I hear children. This is your chance, Harry. I'll distract the parents, and you can snatch one. Won't even need to propose."

"Shut up." Harry tries to hide his smile, but he fails. Niall laughs at his own joke.

"They're probably at the house with all the cars." Niall nods toward a large, white house about five down the street.

"Do you think it's a birthday party?" Harry asks.

"There's no major games today, so probably."

Harry nods in understanding, and the two of them walk passed three more houses in peaceful silence. He's about to say something when he feels the first rain drop on his head. "Shit."

"A little rain never ruined anything."

"Except maybe a birthday party." Harry points to the yard where kids are rushing to grab their plates of ice cream and get inside. The adults are grabbing cameras, phones, food, anything they can fit in their hands. Niall and Harry rush to help, thinking that maybe doing so will make one of the strangers more apt to helping them. They don't seem to notice that Harry and Niall weren't invited- instead shoving things into their arms. Niall can't hold as much, with Harry's luggage keeping one of his hands occupied. Harry has two free, and the party goers seem to think that means he can carry everything.

"All of this can go inside. Kitchen's on the left." A very nice looking brunet hands Harry a stack of white boxes, probably full of sweets.

"Okay." Harry says, following his directions and taking the boxes inside. Like the man said, the kitchen is on the left, and Harry is in love with the lived-in decorations. Artwork and candid pictures adorn the fridge, and the walls are a happy yellow.

A train of children almost knock Harry over as they shoot passed, giggling and chattering about nonsense. Harry smiles, waiting for them all to pass. A familiar voice comes from behind him.

"Careful, keep staring and they'll know you're a kidnapper."

"Shut up, Niall." Harry rolls his eyes, and he places the boxes on the countertop. He takes them from the stack and lays them out beside each other. A red head is pulling something out of the oven, and when she turns around she is startled by the strangers in her house.

"Who are you?"

"We were walking by when it started to rain. Just wanted to help get everything inside." Niall says with a wide smile.

She nods, breathing a little easier. "Well thank you for that..."

"Niall. M'Niall Horan, and this is Harry."

"Hi."

The red head smiles at Harry. "My name is Ainsley. How are you two with managing small children?"

"Love them." Harry says, and Ainsley nods.

"Perfect. Travis and I could use some help. We weren't expecting rain, obviously. Samantha, Peter, and Catie are here helping too, but those three are shite with kids. I promised parents their kids would come home in the same condition we received them." There's a crash in another room, and Ainsley tosses down the dish towel she had in her hand and rushes around the corner.

"Well," Niall starts. "Are you ready to see the mess you're trying to get you and your husband into?"

this story is for fun not for accuracy.

if you can't handle suspension of disbelief then please return to reading your biographies and watching your documentaries.