naoi déag

"For what it's worth: It's never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you're proud of, and if you find that you're not, I hope you have the strength to start over."
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"It looks beautiful." Niall says, gleefully.

"Sure."

He grabs a piece of the bacon he made and takes a bite. "It's as delicious as I knew it would be."

"Someone is big headed." Harry muses.

Niall shoves the bacon in his face. "Try it. I'm right."

"No thanks."

"What?" He asks, raising a judgmental eyebrow. "You're not a fucking vegetarian are you?"

Harry just looks at him. "I'm Jewish."

"Ah," Niall nods slowly in understanding. "Kosher. Also very Harry."

"Thanks."

"I'll slice more strawberries for you to eat, then." Niall finishes off his bacon slice, and he looks out the window over the sink. "Wanna go outside and pick some?"

"They have strawberries?"

"Where do you think I got the other ones?"

"From the fridge."

"Who do you think I am?" Niall gives Harry a look. "Go pick some more."

Harry walks over to look out the window with Niall. He figures it isn't chilly outside, as the weather yesterday was quite beautiful until the rainstorm, so he shrugs and nods. "I'll be right back."

Going outside to pick strawberries didn't take long. Harry may or may not have paused to look at the gorgeous view. As he's about to head back inside he hears rustling from inside the bushes beside the house. He watched the plants shake until out bounds a dirty collie. Harry laughs at it, bending down to let the curious thing sniff his hand. "Hey, girl. How are you?" He talks to the dog, petting its happy head. "Do you have a name, maybe?"

Harry checks the dog for a license, finding a small heart shaped one, and reading it aloud. "Wiggles." He laughs lightly. "What a dog name."

"I asked you to pick strawberries, not pet the dog." Niall's voice comes from behind Harry who turns to look at him, squinting in the sun.

"But Wiggles is such a nice dog."

"Maybe you should buy one of these instead of a child."

"I'm not buying a-"

"You are." Niall folds his arm across his chest. "Adoption is buying children."

"What is your sudden problem?" Harry snaps, standing up after petting Wiggles one last time.

Niall bites the inside of his cheek, bouncing on his toes. "I don't have a problem. Grab the strawberries and come inside."

"Yes, sir." Harry huffs, grabbing the bowl of freshly picked fruits. He follows Niall inside, setting the bowl in the sink to wash off the dirt.

"I'll cut them if you set the table. Mrs. Brady said the silverware and plates are in those cupboards." He points somewhere behind Harry's head, and Harry nods in silence.

"Alright."

"Thank you." Niall says, before turning off the water.

Harry opens the cupboard and grabs plates to set the table with. "Welcome."