chapter 8

Dear H&M

I get it if you don't want me but please know that I will wait for you forever. I promise to be there when you're ready. Just come to me if/when you're ready and I love you guys with my whole heart for the rest of my life.

All the love, Louis 

Harry's pov 

I stare at the note and reread it a few times before looking up at Marcel who is still in my lap with a small pout on his face. "We need to go to him Hazz!" I shake my head "no we need to work Marcel so get your butt off me and get to work" Marcel was about to get up but Maggie stops him. 

"I could handle it here alone if you want to go to him?" Maggie has a hopeful look on her face which matches Marcel's look. I shake my head "No we couldn't possibly leave you here alone! It was already bad enough that you made us take a day off yesterday!" 

"So what I can handle it alone! Go get your alpha!" "No Maggie! He's not our alpha! Now Marcel get off and get to work!" Marcel looks at me with teary eyes before getting off my lap and storming out of the door. 

I stand up to go after him but Maggie puts a hand on my shoulder "Let him be alone Harry he will be fine" "But what if he gets hurt?" 

Maggie just pulls me into a hug "He will be fine Harry I'm pretty sure that he will be safe where he's going to." I pull back from the hug slightly and look at Maggie with questioning eyes "what do you mean?" 

"Well I'm pretty sure that Marcel is going to the alpha you don't want to see." I huff knowing that she's probably right "Harry you understand that you're stopping yourself from being happy right?" 

I shrug and let myself fall back down into the chair I was previously sitting on "I guess it's just difficult. I want to trust him, I really do but I can't trust alphas after what happened to Edward." Maggie nods slowly clearly thinking. 

"From what I've seen Louis is nothing like most alphas, I've seen him cry over you guys and he wants to try to make this easy for you by taking a step back even though he really seems head over heels for you." 

"Do you think that I need to open up to him?" Maggie nods "You should try it something inside me says that Louis will understand and will do anything for you." I nod at Maggie's words and give her a small smile "I will try." 

Maggie gets off the chair and claps her hands "Now get to work young Harold! I'm not paying you to just sit around!" 

Louis' pov 

I'm laying on my couch while eating ice cream and listening to sad music. I put another spoonful of ice cream into my mouth when the doorbell rings. 

I huff and roll off the couch and walk to the door with the ice cream tub still in my hand, I open the door "Look I'm not really in the mood- Oh Marcel! Are you ok love? You look like you have been crying" Marcel just nods while another tear runs down his cheek, the sight breaks my heart I want to wrap my arms around him and protect him from the whole world. 

"C-can I maybe come in?" "Oh yes of course! Come in love!" I step aside so that Marcel can get in. 

We are both on the couch sitting in an awkward silence. 

"D-don you want some ice cream?" I hold out the ice cream tub for him making him let out a small chuckle "I couldn't possibly steal your ice cream" I smile at Marcel and shake my head "No no you're not stealing it at all! I could get another spoon and we can share?!" 

Marcel nods making me run out of the room to get another spoon before sitting down on the couch close to Marcel and suddenly I'm very aware that I haven't showered yet today and that I'm still in my gross sweats and oversized sweater. 

"Here is your spoon love" I hand Marcel his spoon and scoot a little bit closer and hold the ice cream tub in a way that both of us can easily reach it. 

"So why are you here?" Marcel's face falls a bit "I-I had a fight with Harry and I didn't know where else to go sorry." 

I shake my head and put my free hand on his back a rub it softly "Don't be sorry love, you are always welcome here but may I ask why you and Harry had a fight?" 

Marcel takes the last bite of ice cream so I put the tub on the table and look at Marcel in interest. 

"Well we saw the gift you left at the bakery for us which is absolutely beautiful btw but uhm then we read the note and I wanted to go to you and Harry didn't so now I'm here and Harry is probably working." 

"You know that you didn't have to come here right? You could stayed with Harry, I would be fine without you eventually." I look down at my hands feeling incredibly guilty that I'm the reason Marcel has a fight with his brother. 

"I know but I want to be here and Harry does too but he's just being stupid about everything!" Marcel places one of his hands in mine making me blush like a school girl. "And besides that you seem like you could do with a distraction!" 

I look around my house in shame, there are multiple scrunched up notes where I wrote all my feelings down, there are more ice cream tubs. 

"I'm fine though Marcel, you don't have to feel sorry for me. It's just silly but I have already fallen for you and I just wish that you did too." 

"I did" 

I stare at Marcel with wide eyes who also stares into my eyes, his eyes move to my lips for a second making my heart feel like it's exploding. I lean closer and close my eyes when I can feel Marcel's breath on my lips. Our lips finally collide with each other, we move in sync like we're one. 

"Hey get off my brother you dickhead!" I'm pulled off of Marcel and I'm met with the angry eyes of Harry. 

:)

~~~Renée