idiot

"she's what?" atsumu asked and opened the gym doors, revealing you standing there with a smirk on your face at the sight of the boy. you waved your fingers at him before turning back around.

"thought we had an agreement to leave each other alone during practice." atsumu said when he was close enough to you.

"hey, I didn't want to be here. akagi told me to come over." you said and picked up a volleyball, throwing it up to serve it. atsumu stuck his arm out and caught it mid air before you could hit it.

"why are you here then?" he questioned, putting the volleyball out of your reach.

you sighed and crossed your arms. "the girls practice got cancelled today and akagi offered me to practice with you guys." you explained.

"you won't last ten minutes of our practice." he scoffed causing you to raise your eyebrows.

"how much do you want to bet that I can make it through practice?"

"ill do you homework for a week if you can last through our whole practice." he offered and stuck his hand out.

"deal." you two shook hands firmly and turned around, walking away from each other.

you and atsumu weren't friendly towards each other at all. the two most popular people in the year and both setters for the inarizaki volleyball team. you had your own group of fanboys while atsumu had fangirls. you guys were even in the same class.

it's always been a battle between you two to see who was better at anything. grades, volleyball, dating, pranking, everything.

if you two ever made eye contact it would turn into a staring contest and neither of you two would back down until one blinked. 

"time to run!" kita called and walked out of the gym. "we're running up this hill and then back down."

"race?" atsumu asked from your left side while you were tying your shoe. "first one back here wins."

"and what's the prize?" you asked, standing back up.

"food."

"deal." you two shook hands and walked outside.

"you two really can't stop competing huh?" akagi walked up to you when atsumu went over to his brother.

"he started it." you shrugged and stretched your arms up above your head. "besides it's just harmless little competitions and bets that win one of us amazing prizes."

"ay! y/n! stop stealing my brother away to make all these competitions! he's getting boring now that he's busy competing against you." osamu shouted from the school gates.

you didn't bother answering to him and walked ahead of the twins. kita, suna, and aran were already at the bottom of the hill when you and akagi got there.

"two at a time." kita said.

"ready?" atsumu's voice appeared from beside you.

"ready." you two placed one foot on the line that was marked and when kita allowed you to go, the two of you starting running.

you were jogging to save your energy, but atsumu was already ahead of you.

idiot

at least you could run in peace now. when you arrived at the top of the hill you saw atsumu not too far ahead of you, breathing heavily.

"out of energy already?" you asked and ran by him. his head snapped up to see you jogging past him.

"no, just pitied you and decided to let you catch up a little bit." he was back next to you again.

"i don't want a pity win." you scoffed and listened to his breathing and the pounding of your shoes to find a steady rhythm.

"you're not gonna win at all." he said and you two made your way down the hill. the school gates could be seen from where you were and you decided to use the remaining burst of energy you had.

you ran faster towards the gates and atsumu noticed the change in your pace. he cursed under his breath when he was too late to realize and ran as fast as he could to catch up.

he was too late. you already made it past the gates and bended over to rest your hands on your knees, taking deep breaths.

"dammit." atsumu said from behind you and leaned against the gates, trying to catch his own breath.

"you idiots really ran that fast just for a snack after practice?" osamu was next to come back to the school.

"for his precious ego too." you added and stood back up.

"who won?"

"me." you boasted and took a mental picture of atsumu's bitter face at your victory. "don't be such a sore loser."

"whatever." atsumu walked back towards the gym while you sat down with osamu and waited for the others.

"that had to bruise his ego." osamu laughed and gave you a high five. you and osamu bonded over making fun of atsumu and were pretty good friends.

"oh it definitely did." you nodded, remembering the look on his face.

inside the gym atsumu was setting a ball while lying flat down on his back. while he was distracted the ball slipped through his fingers and landed right on his nose.

"fuck." he muttered and held his nose. it was bleeding. he sat up and grabbed a towel, holding it up to his nose to stop the blood from getting on his hands.

"did the famous miya atsumu just get a bloody nose from a clumsy slip up?" you asked from the doorway.

"is that my towel?" osamu walked closer to his twin to inspect the towel.

"go away." atsumu shoved osamu aside and walked to the washing stations outside the gym. he passed you on the way out and bumped his shoulder against yours on purpose.

you walked into the gym and started to set the volleyball he was using against the wall. "want me to set for you?" you noticed that osamu was looking at you setting the ball from where he was on the floor, drinking out of his water bottle.

"if you don't mind."