e: the end

"i can't believe him!" emika slammed the front door with a laughing daiki behind him. she dropped her bag down on the floor before falling down on the couch with her face buried in a pillow.

"hi uncle sakusa." daiki grinned when he saw his dad's best friend standing in the kicthen.

"hello." sakusa nodded over at emika. "what's up with her?"

"kenji." daiki shrugged before looking through the cabinets for a snack. "where did mom put the snacks?"

"she hid them from us." atsumu said and eyed the cabinets like he was expecting the snacks to appear. "you don't see me hiding that stupid teddy bear she hugs all the time from her."

"didn't you give her that bear?" bokuto asked in confusion.

"yes." atsumu paused. "don't tell her i called it stupid. she'll make me sleep on the couch."

"does he actually sleep on the couch?" bokuto leaned down and whispered the question to daiki.

"no." daiki scoffed while getting himself a glass of juice. "he sleeps on the floor next to her and dad clings onto her hand while they sleep. mom tells me about it at our daily friday night talks."

"gossips, the both of them." atsumu looked over at his daugther. "ems, what did kenji do? do you want me to send your uncles to his house?" he leaned down and moved his daughter's hair out of the way so she could look at him.

"we were having a joint practice and he thought that she wouldn't be able beat him in our jog up the hill." daiki answered for her, seeing that his twin clearly wasn't going to answer. "then she did and he started talking to these girls that came out to see him after telling her he would help her with her sets. she ended up getting a bloody nose because on the first year's accidentally set the ball to her face and the girls he was talking to started laughing and he laughed with them. guess she felt kind of betrayed. you know how ems is."

"oh." atsumu knew that emika needed validation, she needed to feel ensured. one wrong move and that would dampen her whole mood. he was so caught up in his thoughts that he didn't notice when you opened the door and walked inside the house.

"hey!" hinata was the first to notice you.

"hi hinata." you smiled at him and atsumu's head snapped over to you when he heard your voice. you both stared at each other for a second before he opened his mouth, disrupting the peaceful moment.

"where'd you put our snacks?"

you rolled your eyes and ruffled daiki's hair. "nice to see you too."

"how was your day mom?" daiki asked and wrapped one arm around you.

"it was good." you answered and daiki beamed up at you, quickly throwing a smug look at his dad. you moved to go into the kitchen and atsumu quickly followed after you.

daiki moved to the couch and sat on top of his twin's legs. "you can't bury your head in the pillow forever."

"i can try."

"why does emika have her head in a pillow?" you asked, hoping one of the five guys had an answer, but they were too immersed in their card game.

"she's reliving our high school life." atsumu wrapped his arms around you from behind and stuck his head into the crook of your neck.

"her and kenji?" you accepted the glass of water bokuto got for you while looking over emika.

"who else?" atsumu pouted and buried his face in your neck, his lips brushing against your skin. "i don't like it."