buddy

"i'm taking y/n home!" atsumu said and grabbed his jacket that you originally came here to give him.

"okay!"

"here, wear this." he said and opened up the jacket for you. you slipped your arms through the sleeves and let them fall over your hands.

atsumu wrapped his arms around you to let the jacket close and then pulled back.

"i thought you said you wanted it back." you said and followed him out the door.

"i needed an excuse for you to come over." he admitted and scratched the back of his neck.

"could've just waited until tomorrow."

"i could've." you waited for a following line, but nothing was said.

"you're not cold?" you asked him when a gust of wind hit.

"i'm sure."

"you look terribly cold."

"i'm fine."

"you have goosebumps on your arms."

"i'm good."

"whatever you say." you said and walked ahead.

"so caring." he said and caught up to you.

"i'm very caring." you smiled and looked up at him. he pinched your nose for a second and let go. "i asked you three times."

"the most caring." he agreed and moved his hand down to yours, lacing them together.

you glanced down at your hands and looked away before he could notice.

he noticed.

"good?" he checked up on you, making sure you wouldn't slap him or something.

"good." you nodded.

the next couple minutes were just silence until you got to your house. "great to see that you do know how to shut up for a few minutes." you said and opened the gate.

"same goes for you." he said and watched as your hand fumbled with the lock. "you're struggling."

"oh fuck it." you sighed and let go of his hand to climb over the gate inside.

"we'll see you tomorrow pretty boy." you said and turned back around.

"yeah, see you." you ran inside the house before he could ask for his jacket back.

"dinner at miya's tomorrow." your grandma said from the spot she was sitting on the couch.

"yup, been told that." you said and sat down next to her.

"still have his jacket?" she asked and put her book down. you rested your head on her shoulder while she took your hands in hers.

"he only wanted an excuse for me to come over." you said.

"honey, can't you see it? you two clearly don't hate each other anymore." she said.

"yeah, i don't think we do."

"anything more?" she asked.

"i'm not completely sure." you admitted.

"so there's something!" she exclaimed happily.

"it's a bit confusing."

"it's okay, you have time to figure it out." she said. "let's just hope soon." she tapped your head and smiled at you.

"yeah. i have time." you repeated and took a deep breath. "what are we bringing over to the miya's tomorrow?"

"you'll have to see."

"cookies, brownies, garlic bread. oh sunshine, i think in falling in love." atsumu said when he looked down at the food you had in your hands.

"grandma made them." you said and handed over the cookies and brownies to him.

"cooking genes should run in the family shouldn't they?" he asked and greeted your grandma.

"i helped. does that count? hello mieko."

"hello hon! here let me help you with that." she rushed towards you.

"oh no. it's fine, atsumu already for the other stuff." you said and placed the garlic bread on the counter.

"shouldn't have given him the desserts." she said and slapped atsumu's hand, making him put the cookie down.

"so close." he shook his head and stared at the cookies.

"don't worry, there's a special cookie in there for you." you said and patted his back.

"really?" his whole face brightened up.

"yup."

"oh, now i'm falling in love with you." he said dramatically and let his head fall onto your shoulder.

"sure thing." you patted his head.

"dinner!" mieko called out and you two walked into the dining room. you sat down next to osamu and across from atsumu.

atsumu's leg stretched out and his shoes bumped against yours. you simply just moved your legs away from his and listened to what mieko was saying.

atsumu watched as your paid no attention to him and kicked your foot. that made you look over to him and kick his foot back.

the corners of his mouth lifted up and he kept his eyes on you. osamu hand his elbow on the arm of his chair and chin resting in his palm, looking at his twin brother.

then he looked next to him and at you.

then under the table.

"footsies at the dinner table." he murmured. "classic."

"shut up." you said and focused on kicking his shin. atsumu was swinging his leg back when you went in for the kick.

"isn't this breaking your rules?" he asked.

"since when are you interested in what we're doing?" you asked and glanced up at him.

atsumu lightly kicked your leg for your attention back. "since you two started becoming all buddy buddy."

"buddy buddy?"

"yes. all friendly and couple and shit."

"i don't know what you're talking about." you said and felt atsumu continuously kick your shoe until you looked up at him.

"probably not because you two are stupid." osamu nodded and picked up his drink.

"we're not stupid."

"weeks ago you would only defend yourself, tonight you're defending both of you."

"fine, he's stupid, i'm not." you fixed.

"too late now."

"and why is that?" you finally gave atsumu your attention back and he grinned at you.

"simple." osamu started.

"then say it."

"rule number one is broken."