dude

"why do you look like someone's gonna jump out and stab you?" akagi asked.

"it's nothing." you shook your head and walked into the school ground.

it's been three days since atsumu told you about the fake dating plan and he still hasn't asked you out yet.

you knew he was planning something grand and overly embarrassing just for your sake.

fortunately, you made it class without a sight of the bleached blonde haired boy. unfortunately, he was already in the classroom and the second he saw you he called out for you.

"y/n! sit next to me!" everyone who was in the classroom turned to look at you. atsumu pulled out the chair next to him and stared at you.

you made your way over to him and slid into the chair, dropping your bag on the floor next to your desk.

"are you planning something?" you asked.

his head turned to you and tilted to the side. "what do you mean?"

"well for starters, you're friendly towards me."

"sunshine, we're gonna be dating soon. gotta make it so we actually have feelings and don't hate each other." he explained.

"why can't we be those couples act like they hate each other? then we won't have to be nice."

"don't be so mean." he poked your cheek and you slapped his hand away. "fine, i'll be the fun and happy boyfriend and you'll be the emo one."

"why do you call me sunshine if i'm "emo" then?" you added air quotes to the word emo. "you haven't even done your whole proposal thing yet." you raised your eyebrows at him.

"i'm planning it. then we'll be like the couple from hotel transylvania. the vampire and human one." he said.

"how nice." you said sarcastically and pulled your textbook out of your bag.

"it's very nice indeed." he grabbed one side of your chair and pulled your closer to him. you scooted further away causing him to move closer.

"get away." you pushed his shoulder and he placed a hand above his heart.

"i'm hurt, how could you push me away like that." he said dramatically. he had to stop talking once the teacher walked in the room, but continued to annoy you.

he was throwing small crumbled pieces of paper and poking you with his pen every time the teacher's back was turned.

you grabbed his pen from him and threw it towards the back of the classroom. he let out a gasp and said a few words under his breath that you couldn't hear.

he went to go retrieve his pen from the back of the classroom. "why didn't you just get it later?" you asked when he returned.

"what would I take notes with then?"

"you don't take notes." you pointed out and he looked down at the notebook he had open. it was a blank page.

atsumu quickly wrote something down and showed it to you.

miya atsumu

"amazing. now go and write your name down enough to fill the whole page."

"yes ma'am." you turned your attention away from him and back at your teacher while she explained the lesson.

"and that's it for today!" she said when the bell rung. "homework are numbers two through six on the worksheet!"

you started to get up, but atsumu stopped you. "can I help you?" you asked and waited while he folded a sheet up paper up.

"walk to the gym with me?"

"we practice in two different gyms." you reminded him, but waited for him anyway.

"so? we're still going outside. gotta make it look believable that we actually like each other enough to date." he picked his bag up and walked out of the room.

"this thing has too many requirements and if you ever ask me out. it's been three days miya."

"sunshine. there's no point in asking you out if there's not a crowd around to spread the news." he wrapped his arm over your shoulder, throwing most of his weight onto you.

"you're so heavy." you complained and tried to shove his arm off, but he had locked his arm around you. "also." you reached into your bag and took out a reach of paper.

"what's this for?" he asked when you handed it to him.

"homework that you have to do because someone was stupid enough to make a bet on how I wouldn't make it through your practice the other day." you moved away so you could open his bag that was between your bodies while walking.

"i was hoping you would forget about that." he grumbled while you placed the paper next to his worksheet.

"you only have two more days left. today and tomorrow." you said and ruffled his hair. you knew that he hated it when you did that saying it made his hair look messy. "i think you'll live."

"and if I die make sure to put death by y/n and her homework on my tombstone."

"sure thing." you two reached the gym where the girls team practiced and atsumu was still walking next to you. "now go to practice." you shoved him away.

"you don't want my company anymore?" he feigned his hurt.

"no."

"ouch. well see you after practice!" he said before walking away.

after practice? so he's coming here after practice too.

"was that miya atsumu?" ayame, the wing spiker of your team asked. you looked back over your shoulder to see atsumu pulling his phone out while walking through a crowd of people.

"yeah." you walked into the club room and changed out of your uniform.

"you're friends with him?"

"something like that." you said. you guys weren't friends yet, but weren't exactly rivals anymore. just two people who are gonna be fake dating to get fangirls and guys off your backs.

your phone lit up, showing there was a notification when you got your shirt on.

atsumu: we're definitely friends

atsumu: btw i asked osamu for your phone in exchange for pudding

y/n: dude i punched you yesterday

atsumu: the dude zone :(

atsumu: we're about to upgrade from friends and go to boyfriend and girlfriend and your calling me dude

y/n: dude dude dude dude