This is it.. The end

Jenae's P.O.V.

I had butterflies in my stomach sitting here both excited and nervous. Here we are sitting on the fairgrounds; all 540 of us in our caps and gowns. This was it.. The end.. The end of senior year. The day we've all been waiting for since we were freshmen. I have come a long way, and I can honestly say I'm happy with the person that I've become. The beginning of highschool I was a mess. My emotions were all over the place. I was insecure, I second guessed everything and stressed over things I had no control over. But since then I've turned out okay. I conquered all that. I have an amazing family and a boyfriend that loves me through all the bullshit that we have endured. Anyways on to the big day, you won't believe who our class valedictorian is!

"Introducing our 2015 class valedictorian Mr. Dominic Carter." Said our principal.

Dom walked onto the stage wearing his purple and gold cap and gown, he looked amazing. We all clapped and of course Dom's family and my parents and myself acted a fool until it was time for him to speak.

"Take your time baby!" I yelled.

He blushed and chuckled with with his head down. "Thank you." He said.

"Good evening parents, aunts, uncles, grandparents, staff. My name is Dominic Carter and I am the valedictorian for the graduating class of 2015." We all cheered some guys let out whistles.

"These four years of high school have been quite an experience for us all. There were times when we all wanted to give up, especially me." He began to shake his head. "Growing up I didn't even know if I was going to be alive to see this day. I was in the streets doing things that could have easily costed me my life.. I've lost a few great friends unfortunately.. But i knew I had to do this.. I had to make my mama proud.I had to stand up and make a change in my life, not only for me but for the ones I love. It wasn't easy.. I've been through a lot to get here but I can proudly say that I stand before you today with a 3.9 GPA.. All I can do is thank god and pray that I've made my mama and family proud." You could hear his family clapping and cheering for him.

'WE PROUD DOM!" That was Dom's family of course.

"I couldn't have done it without the wonderful members of the St. Lucie county. Mr. Johnson who stayed on me about my homework, my weight training coach Mr.Lee who made sure I had everything that I needed. Every staff member made it their business to see that we were all on track. There was no such thing as giving up. Not at Fort Pierce Central. "We strive for success and nothing less." Thats our motto. Some of us are going to go on to become lawyers and doctors and nurses and vetenarians and even servers of our country. I can gladly say no matter where life takes me I'm thankful for Fort Pierce Central and the people in it." He said staring out at me.

"I love you." I mouthed to him. He winked and flashed that smile I loved showing off his dimples.

"Now I think we should get it poppin with these diplomas. What yall think class of 2015?!" He asked.

"YEESSSSSSSS!" We all clapped in unison.

"TURN UP! LETS GET IT!" He shouted . We all laughed and he walked off stage to his seat.

*********

Going through the names they said Dominic Jayceon Carter. I jumped to my feet and screamed as loud as I could clapping, so proud of my baby. I did the same thing when they called Shenika and Jayden. I was so proud of them. Then FINALLY ...

"Jenae' Emon Wilson"

I heard screams and claps and whistles. I looked into the crowd and saw Shenika, Jayden, Dom, his family and ofcourse my mama and Jonathan my god mom and god brothers standing to there feet acting a fool. I had a huge smile on my face as I shook my principal's hand and got my diploma. This has to be the BEST moment in my life. I did it! All the hard work paid off. No matter what happens and no matter where life takes me I made it!

***

After the ceremony we all met up outside. I was with Jayden when my family walked up with balloons and flowers.

"We so proud of yall." My mom said hugging us.

Then Dom and his family and eventually Shenika and her family came over. We all hugged and our parents took pictures and stuff.

"We gotta go somewhere and celebrate!" Dom's mom said.

We all met up at a place called Duffy's we had so many people with us we had to have three tables put together. All the graduates sat side by side I sat by Dominic ofcourse.

We were all laughing and eating when Jonathan stood up. "I just wanna take this time and tell yall how proud I am of each of yall. Yall really made me proud tonight. Seeing you walk across that stage tonight baby girl and getting to see you get that diploma made me think about a lot of things.. Somethings I've been thinking about for a very long time." He turned to my mom and got down on one knee.

"Kim, you know how much I love you. Not a day goes by and I don't think about how much I love you and I don't wanna go on in life anymore... Without you being my wife.. Will you marry me?" He asked pulling out the ring.

"YES!" My mom shouted and everyone said yay and clapped while they kissed.

I got up and gave them both a hug. "OMG OMG OM FREAKING G!" I said looking at my mama ring.

"Jenae'." Jonathan said. "I know I'll never be your real dad.. But I'll never leave you. I promise I'll always be right here for you. Will you be my daughter?" He asked .

I was in tears. "Yes." He wrapped me into his embrace and kissed my forehead.

"This right here is just beautiful!" Dom's mom said.

The night was perfect. Afterwards everyone went home. Dom and I decided to go somewhere for some alone time which just happened to be at the beach.

We were sitting on the ground watching the waves with the moon just shining on us.

Dom put his head on my neck and let out a deep breath. "What you thinking about?" I asked.

"When I first met you." He said.

"What did you think when you first met me?"

"I knew from the beginning I was gonna make you mine." He said.

"Oh really." I said.

"Yep. All I needed to do was flash this million dollar smile." He said showing off his smile.

I laughed. "Whatever."

"Did you think we would make it this far?" I asked.

"No." He put his arms around me. "But we did. And I love you more and more each day. Did you?" He asked.

"Nah..I didn't think big girls was your thing." I said shrugging.

"Big girls deserve a happy ending too ya know." He said. "And I done told you I don't care about all that. I love you for you."

"Yeah I know. I got my thug charming." I said playing with his beard.

He laughed and pulled me on top of him. "You something else woman."

I laughed. "Hey Dom." I said.

"Yeah baby." He said

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"For loving me." I said low almost a whisper, playing with his beard avoiding eye contact.

He lifted my chin and I looked in his eyes. "Thank you for letting me love you baby. This hea will never stop. Ima always love you."

"And I'll always love you." I said wrapping my arms around him tight.

He's right. Our love for each other will never stop. No matter how many times we fight he'll always be the man I want to spend the rest of my life with. And I'll always be the woman that'll hold him down. We will always be one.

The end.