No more street life

SURPRISE HERE'S YALL UPDATE!!! :D

Dominic's P.O.V.

** The next afternoon

If these niggas wake up my girl I know something. Marcus , ManMan and John are in the front room acting a damn fool like my girl ain't taking a nap.

After seeing the news the other night I had the boys come pick us up. It wouldn't be too long before doctors would start asking questions about what lead to me being shot and I didn't need Jenae' freaking out again. She was straight up about to walk out on my ass yesterday. A part of me feels bad cause I know there's somebody out there better for her, that can take care of her better than I can. I'm a yung nigga that grew up on that killa type shit I don't want her to have to worry about things like this.  But I love her.

I look up to see Marcus peeking in the door. 

"What?" I said . He was looking like he had something to say. 

"Y'all good in here?" He said looking at me.

I nodded and gave him the look like nigga speak your mind.

He came in, closed the door and sat at the edge of the bed.  He put his head down and shook his head to himself.

"Man my nigga speak up. Why you acting like a lil bitch ?" I said.

"Ay chill that. " he said.  Before I could speak Jenae' let out a snore. 

We both looked at her and just chuckled. "She sholl nuff can snore up a storm." He said nodding his head towards Jenae' who was sleep in my arms.

"Yeen lying bruh. " I said laughing to myself. 

"She's a cool ass girl. Y'all good togetha. " he said.

"Yeah." I said just watching her sleep. "But what's on your mind that you not talkin to me bout?" I said. I just know he got something he wanna say cause when he do he always try to bring up other shit. 

He looked up at me then back down to the ground.  "Shit got too out of hand the other night.  I shot my own brother. " he said putting his face in his hands. 

"My nigga what you talking about?" I said confused.  "I thought JoeJoe shot me?"

"Nah. When you got shot the gun was in my hand. And I'm so sorry lil bruh. "

All I could do was shake my head.  There was a moment of silence.

"We handled what had to be handled that night." I finally said. 

"Yeah and you almost fuckin died.  That was our last drop man. No more of this street shit."

"Ight. "

"Nah you said ight last time and we just dropped another nigga! We gotta swear on this."

"All the bodies we dropped was for our fallen souljas let's not forget that." I said trying to say it quietly so I wouldn't wake Jenae'.

"Yeah now that is over and done with.  We gotta let go of that life. This shit just getting closer and closer to home. Ion want ma to go through what Aunt Ghanel going through. And now you got a girl.  You think Jenae' gon put up with this street shit? You gon let her lose you to the gun?" He asked. I just shook my head.  "Ight then.  That's it. We done with this life for good. No more street life." He stood up , looked at me one last time then left out. 

When he walked out all I could think about was Jenae' life without me, and my life without her.  Shid after this I don't wanna picture a life without her. I held her in my arms and just watched her sleep and listened to her snore.