Trying to make things right

Dominic's P.O.V.

I opened my eyes to see bright lights. The last thing I remember was being pissed off at Jenae' because she wasn't responding to any of my phone calls and text messages. I was on my way to her house. I admit I was going to argue a little.

I looked to my left and seen my Mama , Marcus , and John. My looked like she'd been crying and my brothers just looked tired.

I reached for my mama hand. I was in so much pain. As soon as I touched her , her head shot up.

"Baby. Don't EVER scare yo mama like that again !"

"Lil bro I thought we was gonna have to have auntie Isabelle singing at'cha funeral." Said Marcus.

Our Aunt Isabelle is one of those relatives that sings at every event just so she can feel important.

I started to laugh but I was in too much pain.

"How yo ass feel?" John said. I just mugged him. He was trying to be funny.

Marcus just bust out laughing. I looked at ma like "you hear this nigga?" She was trying to hold back her laughter.

"John you're supposed to be making your brother feel better." She said.

As soon as my mama finished that sentence Jenae' walked through the door.

" I got y'all coffee. Sorry it took so long. This old dude was takin foreva to fix a dang cup of coffee."

She looked up and looked at me. She placed the coffee on the bed and came to my side and placed her hand on my shoulder.

I was surprised to see her here. She was ignoring a nigga but now that a nigga all fucked up she wanna come running.

"How you doing?" She asked concerned .

"I'm laid up in a hospital bed, how you think I'm doing?" What kind of question was that?

She looked a little shocked but I seen she shook it off. "Can I get you something?"

"Nah. My mama here you can go." I said.

"Dom." My mama was looking at me like I had lost my damn mind. Oh I was about to.

"Nah. I'm good. She can slide. The reason I'm in this bed is because she was bitching and ignoring a nigga. I was on my way to go see her so I could make things right. I was too busy trying to call her and I ain't never make it there." I looked her up and down.

"Dominic I-" she started to say but I cut her off.

"Jenae' I need this time to be with my family." I said. She just nodded and walked out.

My mama slapped me in the side of my head. "Boy have you lost yo damn mind?!"

That shit hurt. "OW MA!" I put my hand on my head.

"How you gon do that girl like that?!"

"She don't care bout me. But now she wanna be up in here like ain't nothing happened."

My mama just looked at me like she was so disappointed. She leaned back in her chair and shook her head. "I called her and told her about the car accident."

"Why?"

"Because I thought yall was "in love" . You know when I called her she came straight here? She almost beat up the lady at the front desk looking for you, until I came and got her. She was in tears the whole time. She held my hand so tight. She was probably crying as hard as I was. She was in here by your side the moment the doctors left this room. And didn't leave your side, no matter how many times I said she could go home. She told me she wasn't leaving until you woke up so she could tell you how sorry she was, and that she loves you." She said.