058. News

-----♕-----

-----♕-----

TWIDDLING THE PENCIL between her fingers Gemini stared down at her almost filled notebook. The stray pieces of paper sticking out made the object look like a mess. To the strangers eye they'd perceive this as lazy or chaotic, to Gemini it was merely typical. Her organisation skills seemed to go out the window when it came to her most common item.

She sighed, scribbling down random thoughts and words, hoping that she could make sense of them later in the day after she'd woken up fully. 

Bucky was still asleep in their room, after waking up suddenly in the middle of the night. Gemini sat in her pyjamas which consisted of one of Bucky's old shirts and a pair of shorts. Fiddling with one of the fraying threads on the shirt, Gemini closed her book, shuffling back into her room. 

She turned to Bucky, wrapped in the blanket Gemini had placed on him. His face didn't seem peaceful while he slept, just rather neutral. Gemini was glad that he was managing to sleep. Grabbing her clothes, she began changing gradually, throwing her hair up into a quick messy bun.

Placing the notebook on her bookshelf, Gemini carefully kissed Bucky's head before leaving the room once more, returning to the kitchen table. One of the chairs was now occupied by a silent Tony. Upon sight he looked dishevelled and as Gemini edged closer she knew something was on his mind still. 

Tony's head was in his hands, his elbows leaning against the table surface. He was also mumbling to himself. He hadn't noticed the presence of Gemini until she placed her hand on his shoulder, making his head shoot up in shock.

"Tony, are you okay?" He went to reply with his immediate lie of 'yes' but he knew that would be pointless with the woman, who could read him - same as many - like an open book. 

"Gem." He sighed. "I have gotten myself into a predicament." 

Tilting her head, she sat herself beside him. "What's wrong, Tony?

"I did a thing." He admitted.

"A thing?"

"A um...a life changing thing." He gulped, his breath wavering. 

"For the love of God, Tony, spit it out. You're worrying me." Gemini ordered him, growing more concerned by the minute.

"It's Pepper." He clarified. "She's pregnant." 

Gemini breathed a sigh of relief, assuming the worst immediately. "Okay. That's okay, Tony.

"It is?" She nodded.

"You'll be okay.

"Will I?"

She nodded again. "You'll be fine. You're already a father-figure to Peter. Becky finds you more than entertaining." She explained.