049. Archery and Campfire Songs

-----♕-----

-----♕-----

GEMINI CRACKED HER neck exiting her tent the next morning. She'd slept great in Bucky's arms but she knew she would still feel discomfort sleeping on the ground with no pillow to support her head and neck that same morning.

Noticing that only a handful of the Avengers were physically upright and awake, she joined them at the dying campfire. Throwing her hair out of her face in the quickest bun she could, she smiled at her sister who looked up from her book to see who had sat down. She smiled back before instantly returning herself to the pages.

Gemini chuckled looking at what was on the grill for breakfast. Not much would be the best answer. Happy that she had thought ahead of time, she quickly returned to her tent, seeing Bucky tying his boots in her peripheral as she pulled out three cereal bars and handing one to him. He took it gladly, thanking the woman with a peck on the cheek before exiting, shortly followed behind by her.

Gemini heard Taury groan in pain as she exited her tent twenty minutes later. "Someone remind me never to share a tent with that prick ever again." She informed those sat on the logs. "Stole my whole sleeping bag and more than half the fucking tent. Little bastard." She mumbled, ranting about her brother's sleeping tendencies. 

She tried not to take any notice, enjoying her cereal bar as best she could with the peace and quiet she had. She knew it would soon be destroyed either by Tony boasting about how his travel bed made him have a wonderful rest or Pietro and Wanda - along with other Avengers - complaining about how much they hated nature.

She wasn't fully wrong either, watching as Pietro scratched at a recent mosquito bite he had obtained during his sleep. He complained like a small child about it up until Bruce told him to shut it and explained it was too early for anyone to actually care. Many were also quick to agree with him, Gemini being one of them.

She stared off into the distance, spacing at as she did so, drowning out all conversations that were happening around her. She didn't seem too bothered about what everyone was talking about, most of it being random. 

She only came out of her thoughts when Becky jumped on her back, hugging her shoulders. She seemed to have slept well with how bouncy and full of life she was this early. Becky ran round and sat herself on Gemini's lap. Gemini pulled out the second cereal bar, handing it to the little girl.

The remainder of the group soon joined the others, all sitting either on the floor or the logs. Bucky passed by Gemini, kissing her head before sitting to her left, smiling at Becky. He bit into his cereal bar as the others discussed what they should do today.

"Preferably something we can all try and or do." Joe suggested, pointing to the younger kids.

"Fishing?" Rhodey suggested, knowing there was a creek not to far. The others shook their head.

Other possibilities were thrown around right until Gemini got up and went towards Clint's tent, whistling to everyone. She held up something in her hand that the others looked at fairly surprised.