043. Over Working

-----♕-----

-----♕-----

CALIFORNIA HAD BEEN one of the best spontaneous trips Tony had ever took them on. The only downfall about it ending, was Gemini having to go back to work. Bucky had hardly seen her since they came back, probably as a punishment from Nate from what happened in California. It had been a few weeks and it was nearly Christmas.

It wasn't actually Nate though. I was Gemini. She had been working herself to the bare bone, knowing what normally happened during the winter. She hated being the type of person that became ill during the Christmas time but she was.

Theo walked into the bar, groaning from an oncoming migraine that he had. "My head is screaming like the depths of my soul." He announced irritated. 

Gemini giggled. "Goodness that sounds like a party."

"It really isn't." Theo replied, throwing his jacket onto his hook. "I hate the winter weather."

"You and me both, Theo." She agreed. 

Taury shortly followed inside, shivering from the cold. "I swear to God I wanna drag my nails down a goddamn chalkboard. I'm too cold for this shit." Gemini rolled her eyes, wiping down the bar.

"Just go warm up your karaoke set and try not to murder anyone or injure yourself." She instructed. She obeyed throwing her coat at Theo to hang up for her. "Don't argue." She told him.

He shook his head. "I'm in too much pain to fucking argue right now." Gemini watched him disappear. 

Joe and Becky were the last of them to walk in. "Crimeny Christmas, it's cold."

Gemini's head shot up. "That's one of my catchphrases." Joe waved off the comment, removing his gloves and shoving them in his pockets.

"We love working this close to fucking Christmas." Joe muttered unhappily, apologising to his daughter for his cursing. "You okay, Gem?" He asked looking at her. "You look pale."

She nodded. She knew she was getting ill but refused to take more sick leave. "I'm fine."

He didn't believe her though. "Gemini, you're smart but you're too stubborn to admit that you're not fine." He informed her. "You're stubbornness causing your acts bouts of stupidity."

"That's how I passed most of my SAT exams. I bullshitted through most of it and hoped I got shit right. That was my stubborn behaviour and I still passed them so." She held up two middle fingers to him.

"Zodiac, for the love of God, tell me." They were interrupted by a crash behind her.

"Shit the bed." Theo cursed, picking up the crate of beers. 

"Please don't do that." Taury yelled from the stage earning a glare to the back of her head.

Theo returned down to the cellar. "Is it bad that I want to hit Theo with a bat?" Joe asked Gemini.