008. Accidents

-----♕-----

-----♕-----

GEMINI GRUMBLED UNDER her breath. She stood behind the bar of The Raven as she sorted the bottles in the order she NEEDED. Her OCD was out of control particularly today and she had no idea why. She had a sense in the back of her mind that something was going to happen. Something bad.

She was trying to keep her mind busy whilst her brother wasn't there. Taury was at The Old Style, still stressing about Theo, who she still hadn't heard from since the letter, Joe was dealing with the court date that was rapidly approaching for the young man. Finally, Toni was holding the fort in Braddock's, neither of the sisters knew where their brother only that he wouldn't be back for a while.

She puffed a strand of her bushy hair out of her eyes. She stepped back to admire her work and sighed in relief as she finally finished. She turned to Dixon who lay on the small stage asleep. Lazy dog.

Gemini glanced around the walls of The Raven. She wouldn't consider it a usual bar. It had the tables, the chairs, the barstools and bar. But it was the sense of community and welcoming atmosphere that Gemini enjoyed the most about working here.

On the walls there were many bar names from Cheers all the way to Moe's Tavern and even Central Perk from F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Unsurprisingly.

The stage was in a corner, opposite the bar, where the entertainment, mostly being drunk people who ended up being recorded performed. It was Taury's idea to add it to the bar, give it some fun. Speakers were connected to the bar and there was an old jukebox in the corner, that played songs, old and new.

Finally, Gemini's personal favourite wall, was the wall of every original customer they had, along with employees. In the middle was of the pictures was of every original employee. This consisted of Gemini, Nate, Joe, Theo and Taury. Toni had never wanted to work in the bar, though she would if she didn't have a choice. Around that photo were there many other framed ones.

Joe and herself had come up with that idea, the sense of community in the place. Above the photos read 'The many Ravens who have entered this nest' along with two raven lights on either side.

She smiled at the organisation of the place as she clicked her tongue, catching the attention of Dixon as they left for home. The feeling was still there and deep down she knew it wouldn't go away.

|/\|/\|/\|

Gemini sat in the silent confinement of her bedroom...reading. She had decided against the Netflix binging and chose to grab an old childhood favourite of hers. A book her mother would read as a bedtime story to her and her siblings.

She suddenly heard a creak in the walls. She shrugged it off, ignoring it for now before hearing it again, louder this time. She closed the book and stood following the sound.

She ended up outside her bathroom door. She opened it slowly to see a rot that had spread from the apartment beside her to her's. She groaned as the creaking continued before, much to Gemini's bad luck, the pipe behind the wall exploded, water gushing everywhere in the room.

She quickly ran out, shutting the door before running to her room and unplugging everything to prevent electrocution. She quickly grabbed her suitcase and began packing her belongings quickly, grumbling and swearing internally as she did.

She knew something like this would happen and what annoyed her more way that she couldn't stop it.

|/\|/\|/\|

Gemini's bags was outside her apartment. A plumber had just told her that she would have to evacuate whilst they fix the pipe and the wall, which would take a while.

She was extra angry. She knew something bad was going to happen. She was only glad she got all her belongings out in one piece. She only cared about that truly.

Dixon stood beside her as she looked at her phone. She didn't want to trouble or burden her siblings so she did what she said she would do.

She face-timed the man himself.

Tony Stark.

-----♔-----

I hope you enjoy this chapter

The next chapter will be out soon

Kayla Lou xxx