030. Struggling and Just Dance

-----♕-----

-----♕-----

GEMINI WATCHED THEO as he stocked the shelves behind the bar. She noticed the shakiness in his hands as he placed the bottles on display, setting off the alarm bells in the back of her mind. She looked towards the stage to see Taury talking to Laura, Nat and Wanda. The men of the Avengers were scattered around the room. She glanced to Joe who was staring at her. She motioned to Theo with her head. Joe could only shrug in response.

Gemini sighed before walking into the back, brushing her hand through her hair stressfully. She caught Nate about to pick up a box before he saw his younger sister. Turning to her, he saw the worried look upon her features. "What's wrong?" 

She pointed towards the bar, looking behind her quickly. "You need to send Theo home.He's not okay, he hasn't been since he came back. He needs help. I've just watched him stacking the shelves and his hands have been shaking the whole time. Joe's noticed that something's wrong, he needs to go home or upstairs and away from the bar for a bit." She answered.

Nate sighed. "I've already tried, he keeps refusing, shaking it off saying he's fine. I know he's not, he's snappy, he's shaky, he seems to just be shutting down slowly. Have you seen the bags under his eyes - like he's not been sleeping?" Gemini nodded. "Do you know what it is?" 

Gemini glanced over her shoulder before nodding. "I think I do. Just thank shit we're having a family night in the bar, Toni definitely needs it." She expressed her thoughts. "I'll talk to him." Nate nodded before pulling his sister into a hug, kissing her head.

"Thank you. I do worry for him. His head can only take so much until it breaks." Gemini nodded before hugging her brother, reassuring him in a way. She smiled before returning to the front, seeing Bucky turn to her. She smiled at him before waving.

The smile dropped when Theo walked past her and a smell filled her nose. Alcohol. She looked back to where Theo had just disappeared and felt her worry rise more.

She turned to the others again before whistling loudly, catching attention. "We're going upstairs now...If you're coming." She quickly added before walking away. Many of the others seemed confused at the woman's spaced out mindset.

Everyone sat around the TV area of Nate's - surprisingly large - apartment. Gemini sat on the couch, Dixon below her and Becky sat on her lap. The pair were both watching as Nate and Tony argued over what game to play.

"I vote Cards Against Humanity." Taury replied jokingly. Gemini began snickering at the reaction of the Avengers, Nate, Antoinette and Joe.

"Fuck no, never again. I'm not playing Cards with Gemini again, not after last time." Joe answered. Becky laughed at her dad's reaction.

"Language." Becky joked simply making many laugh as Joe apologised. She didn't honestly care about her father swearing, he didn't do it in front of her a lot.