046. New Years

-----♕-----

-----♕-----

THE ENDING WEEK of 2018 had flown by in Gemini's eyes. She'd been working quite a lot in Braddock's as The Raven was closed until next year. 

Locking the front of Braddock's at closing time, Gemini threw the keys up in the air before turning off the open light facing outside. Suddenly she heard a loud thud in the back of the shop. The hair's on her arms shooting up in fear.

Picking up the nine millimetre from behind the register, she held it up to the back door, as a figure appeared. They quickly held both their hands in the air and a familiar voice rang out.

"Don't shoot, doll." Bucky's voice rang out. "Not unless you want a shot boyfriend on the floor of the shop." He joked as Gemini lowered the gun.

"Bucky, you bitch." She held her chest. "You scared the hell out of me." He apologised to her, holding out his arm with a bag in his hand. "This is for you." She took the bag from him, pulling out the McDonalds bag. "Joe snitched on you and said you hadn't eaten."

She smiled at him. "Josephine's a snitch, but thank you, bub." He nodded, sitting on the stool behind the register. "Fair warning, it's a goddamn mess behind there."

He nodded realising, pointing to a certain area. "I can see that. Do you all have your own shelf cause the mess varies?" Gemini nodded, taking a bite of her chicken. Bucky scoffed, returning his eyes to her's.

"What are we doing for New Years?" She asked him suddenly. Many people had been coming in to the store to buy fireworks and drinks for parties they were having.

Bucky shrugged. "No clue. Tony's probably gonna do something fucking stupid, like a big ass firework show." He assumed. Gemini tilted her head, offering her fries to him. He smirked. "I thought you didn't share food."

"You bought me them." She reminded him. "I'm feeling nice." He laughed, picking up a couple, placing them in his mouth. He thanked her. "So, when are we going back? If I don't turn the lights out all the last minute assholes will be banging on the door." She asked, a look of annoyance towards the door.

He stood up, nodding. "We can go now if you want." She smiled nodding. "I'll go get your jacket." Gemini picked up her bag, her phone and keys beside it before picking up her McDonalds.

Bucky held onto her jacket as he opened the door for her. She smiled, buckling her seat belt into the lock as Bucky started the ignition.

|/\|/\|/\|

Bucky helped Gemini out of the car. She smirked before walking through the garage into the Compound. The couple made there way to the noise of Tony announcing something.

"Tony why can't we just do what we did for Christmas?" Wanda asked exasperated from the couch.

"Because Christmas was simple, I need at least one big party." Tony proclaimed.