027. Welcome

-----♕-----

----------

GEMINI SAT WITH Bucky at the breakfast bar. She bounced her leg, a mixture of nerves and excitement coursing through her veins. He placed a hand over hers.

"Breathe." She laughed at him slightly. "You're really excited, aren't you?" She nodded.

"I haven't seen Becky since she was a baby. She's only around eight now but Becky's mom had her for the years after the split." By the look on Gem's face as she told Bucky of Becky's mother, he could tell that she didn't like her. "She's a bitch." She continued confirming his thoughts.

"She's gonna love you. From what everyone's seen of you with the Barton's, she will." He reassured her causing her to smile at him. She thanked him.

"It weird though, seeing her after all this time." She replied. "I've just really missed her." he smirked to her.

"You'll be fine." Bucky told her.

Many of the Avengers walked in, some still more than likely in bed. Tony glanced at the pair as he walked to the fridge, patting Gemini's shoulder as he passed.

"You okay, Gem?" He glanced over his shoulder. "Excited? Nervous? Both?" Gemini nodded as he pulled out the milk, shutting the door. "She'll love you." He replied. "How do you like being called Aunt Zodiac?" She helped up her middle finger to the man as he joked. "It's got a nice a ring to it."

She rolled her eyes at his comments. "Shut up Tony." He smiled as he poured his breakfast in the bowl. She pulled a quizzical look. "Oatmeal?" She asked. "Old man."

He shrugged. "It's nice." He defended before walking away with his bowl.

Gemini rolled her eyes again, turning back to Bucky. "I've dealt with that for ten years." She told him. He chuckled at her.

"If you can deal with him, you can deal with Becky. She's probably lovely." Gemini smiled.

"Yeah she's lovely. Takes after Joe so much." Bucky nodded. Gemini looked to her watch before sighing at the time. "Ten minutes."

Bucky watched as the nerves picked up more. He looked around before spotting something. He grabbed her hand, guiding her to the couch. He picked up the remote before going to a drawer and rummaging until he found the familiar name. He placed the disc on the tray before closing it. He pressed play and it began.

Gemini let out a small gasp before smiling bright when she realised what movie it was. "Peter Pan?"

Bucky scratched the back of his neck, a sheepish look on his face. He quickly straightened himself. "I know how much you like it and you're starting to get more nervous, hence this." He pointed to the TV screen. She smiled before patting the seat next to her.

"Watch it with me." She invited. He sat beside her and she rested her head on his shoulder. They watched the movie in silence, enjoying each other's company.