Chapter Twenty Two:

--Day Twenty Nine--

Elliot cracked his eyes open, only to screw them shut again when the light from the light bulb they had left on carelessly last night pierced his eyes.  Seen as though Jasper’s room was in the basement there were no windows, so Jasper relied purely on the light from the light bulbs in his room. 

Elliot lifted his head from the pillow; his eyes squinted as he regarded his surroundings.  Callum was passed out on the Couch his cheeks a little red, Jasper was laying on the floor with a blanket wrapped around him – his shirt was still missing.  Liam was out cold on a cushioned arm chair with Marissa snuggled to his chest, a blanket was wrapped around the two of their bodies.  Samantha was at the foot of the bed, alongside Lillian who had her arm draped across Samantha’s face.  Dylan was nowhere to be seen but judging by the sounds of splashing water it was no guess to Elliot that she was in Jasper’s bathroom. 

Elliot shifted uncomfortably at the weight on his chest and looked down to regard the slumbering Carl with his head on his chest.  Elliot leaned his head back on the pillow, his fist coming up to rub at the sleeping dust at the corner of his eyes.

Wait...Elliot’s eyes widened and he snapped his head back up to, again, watch Carl.  Why is Carl sleeping on me?

His movement jerked Carly from her pleasant sleep and she raised her head, her eyebrows scrunching in confusion.  She wiped at the drool that had been accumulating at the corner of her mouth and rubbed the sleeping dust from her eyes.  She gave a fleeting smile towards a stunned Elliot before scratching her cheek.

Wait...Her hand stilled and her eyes widened as she snapped her head to stare down at Elliot.  Why is Elliot in my room?

The past events caught up to her still hazy mind and she yelped as she jumped away from Elliot’s still laid down posture.  She ended up getting her feet tangled in the bed covers and toppling off of the bed.  Unfortunately, Samantha got caught up in the scuffle and ended up falling alongside Carly with a surprised cry. 

Samantha groaned and lifted herself onto her hands; she blinked when she saw Carly between her arms.  A smirk caught her lips as she stared down at the flustered girl, “Well Carl if you wanted me this badly you should have just asked,” She said in a sultry voice as she wiggled her eyebrows.

Carly laughed and shoved Samantha’s body off of hers, “You wish.”

Samantha giggled and sat up, her hair was in all directions and her lipstick and mascara were smudged.  Carly laughed at the dishevelled girl and pulled at the ends of her hair that was sticking up.  The ruckus they created caused everyone else to wake up, soon there were groans filling the room as each person opened their eyes to the light from the ceiling. 

“Carl?”  Elliot called as his head peered over the edge of the bed, “Are you okay man?”

“Yeah I’m fine,” She said as she stood with Samantha.

Mirissa yawned and looked down at the sleepy face of Liam; she chuckled at the pout on his face.  That is, until, she realized just where she was sitting.  Her cheeks reddened as she tried to scramble to her feet.  Her heels caught on the fabric of the blanket and she started to fall forward.  However, Liam – startled by the sudden movement – moved his hands forward and wound them around her waist before she could slip off from his lap.