Chapter Eighteen:

--Day Twenty Four--

Get down!  Get dirty!  Get low!  Get frisky! –

“Liam you are so close to death I can almost smell your blood pooling onto the floor as I hack into your stomach with a blunt knife,” Carly hissed into her phone. 

“Carly,” Jasper sighed, not at all fazed by his friends desire to kill, “Are you coming to the Library?”

“Yes,” Carly said as she opened the Library doors, looking down at her shoe laces slapping the floor, “Why?”

“Look up,” Was his answer.  

Carly frowned and followed his command, only to see her three friends sitting at a table with Joshua and Benny.  They were all turned towards her and she watched in slight fascination as they raised their hands in sync to wiggle their fingers in a greeting.  Carly merely wriggled her fingers back, her phone still pressed to her ear, “What’s going on?”  She asked.

“Just get here we’ll explain it,” Jasper answered, “And if I were you I’d put my phone away because Mrs Conroy is making her way back into the room in three, two, one-”

Carly immediately hung up the phone and stuffed it in her jeans; she smiled sweetly at the Librarian before manoeuvring around other people to get to the table. 

As soon as she sat down the five boys picked up the books that they had no doubt randomly picked off of the bookshelf – Joshua was reading the dictionary after all – and leaned their heads closer conspiratorially. 

Carly rolled her eyes and sighed before following in their childish antics, “Okay what’s up?”  She asked after a silence in which they spent their time just staring at one another. 

“Have you heard of the trinity weekend?”  Joshua whispered, which earned him a withering look from Carly.

“No,” Carly answered, flicking her book to a random page and leaning her cheek on her fist.

“It’s the Holy weekend,” Benny said.

“The mother of all weekends,” Joshua supplied.

“It’s the kickass weekend,” They both said simultaneously. 

There was a pause in which they stared at her expectantly; however, all they received was a blank stare, “So?”  She asked. 

“So?”  Joshua mimicked, “So?  It’s only the weekend where all hell breaks loose.  It’s probably going to be the most exciting time of your entire high school experience.”

“Will you just tell me what’s happening on this so called Holy trinity weekend?”  Carly asked, exasperated and impatient with the conversation. 

“Okay, this is how it’s supposed to go down,” Benny explained, “Friday night, the night before the big game, there’s going to be a party over at Adam’s house.  We do this every time we manage to get to the big game.  It’s a just-in-case we lose the big match sort of thing.”

“Now Saturday as you know is going to be the last Soccer match,” Joshua continued on the explanation, “This is possibly going to be the best day of your life or the worst.”

“Now Sunday is going to be a day that will depend on how the match turns out,” Benny cut in, “If we win we have another party, again at Adam’s place, but if we lose there’s not going to be a party.”

“Now, seen as though you’re part of the soccer team you are therefore obligated to take part in all three days,” Joshua grinned, slapping a hand on her shoulder.