Chapter Seven:

--Day two--

Bastards, the angry thought crossed Jasper’s normally neutral mind, as he stood glaring at the stands and the loud guys that inhabited them, I swear to God if they make Carly feel even the smallest bit like shit, I will personally rip their sorry excuse of a brain from their heads.

She’ll be fine, she’ll be fine, she’ll be fine, Callum chanted in his head.

Please Lord, bestow Carly with powers that will allow her to become exceptionally gifted in soccer, Liam prayed, oh who am I kidding?  This is all going to blow up in our faces.     

The three guys were a sight to see and Carly couldn’t help but sigh weakly at their postures.  Callum had a hand covering parts of his face, only his eyes could be seen which only portrayed his anxiety, Jasper had his arms crossed over his chest and was sending a chilling glare towards the stands, Liam...he was crouched into a ball on the floor and was rocking back and forth.  The three of them stood – crouched – next to the empty stands on the opposite end of the occupied stands.

“Okay you’re up in five minutes Carl,” Elliot said, drawing her attention away from the three idiots.

“Okay,” She answered absent-mindedly as she took in his uniform. 

He turned away from her and jogged out onto the pitch giving Carly a perfect view of his ass.  Holy shit, Carly thought dreamily.  Unfortunately for Carly the coach told Elliot to retrieve something from inside, so her view of him disappeared as soon as those double doors closed.  However, it still didn’t stop Carly to fantasise about Elliot’s legs.  They are just so muscular and strong looking.  I’m probably drooling right now but the funny thing is that I don’t even care.     

Carly was drooling; the embarrassing thing about it is that while she was in her day-dreaming state her eyes had unconsciously strayed towards the cheerleaders.  To anyone watching it would appear as if Carl was fantasising about the Cheerleaders, when in fact it was the soccer Captain that was on her mind. 

“Prisms to the field!”  Coach shouted. 

Carly, still in her fantasy world, failed to hear the coach.  Now the coach was the stereotypical coach that you would meet in a High School movie, an observation that was swapped around the school.  It would have been funny if it wasn’t so scarily true.  The coach was gifted with large muscles that bulged in every part of his body.  His face was always set in a permanent frown, scaring any student from approaching the man.  And his head was shaved every day so that any sign of hair having been there was not evident.  His personality matched his appearance, brutal and scary.  You never wanted the coach to repeat himself and if he did you were stupid to make it ever happen again. 

So it wasn’t surprising that both excited and anxious looks were passed across the viewers when they saw that Carl hadn’t followed the coach’s orders.  Anyone who hadn’t been looking towards Carl were looking now and sniggers filled the air as - to them - they saw him staring dreamily at the Cheerleaders. 

“PRISMS ARE YOU DEAF?!  GET ON THE PITCH NOW!”  The coach shouted right in Carl’s ear when he had successfully marched up to him, frustrated that he didn’t hear his order the first time.

Carly jumped a mile in the air, losing her balance and falling on to the grass with a yelp.  The stands hooted with laughter as Carly quickly scrambled to her feet. 

“Yes sir!”  Carly shouted in a desperate manner, throwing in a salute and running away from the angry man.  

Those Mother fucker’s, Jasper seethed in his head, his glare intensifying so much so that it was surprising no one had turned to see who it belonged to, they dare laugh at our sweet little Carly, oh someone is going to die.