Chapter Nine:

--Day three—

I’m going to kill them.  I swear to God I will rip their miserable husk of a brain from their heads, before frying it front of their eyes and making them eat it.  I will become Hannibal Lector in order to get revenge for what they put me through this morning.

Callum had planned for a good day or two to put a rooster in one of his friend’s house.  He just so happened to choose Carly’s house to hatch out the plan.  So it was half an hour before Carly was due to wake up that a rooster’s call screeched in her room.  Carly, stunned, had fallen out of her bed with a shriek so loud it had reverberated throughout the whole house.  She knows this because Jasper had oh-so-helpfully informed her from the living room – fifteen minutes later as she had stormed down the stairs and into the kitchen - that her scream made the picture frames shake. 

Carly - not impressed with Callum or the fact that Liam and Jasper had not stopped him - merely put on the wig and the clothes she was supposed to wear and stormed out of the house, stiffly dismissing Callum’s ride to school. 

Why did it have to be today, of all days, that they put a rooster in my room?  Carly moaned to herself as she covered her face with her hands.  She probably wouldn’t have been as mad if it had been any other day, but the fact that she didn’t get much sleep and was woken up earlier than she was supposed to, didn’t help her anger at all. 

“Carl?”  A voice to her right called.

Carly jumped, her palm slapping over her mouth mid-squeal.  She turned towards her right to see Samantha’s face peering from the driver’s window, the driver pushed back in their seat so that Samantha could see out the window. 

“Oh,” Samantha grimaced, “Sorry Carl.”

Carly shook her head quickly, “No, don’t worry about it.”

Samantha smiled warmly, “Do you maybe want to catch a ride with us?”  She asked, tugging on her hair nervously.

“Yeah Carl, join us!”  Benny shouted, as he moved forward from his posture in the driver’s seat. 

“Benny?”  Carly questioned, as Samantha pushed Benny’s head back in annoyance. 

“Hey,” Benny muttered, as only his hand appeared in the window giving a weak wave. 

“And me!”  A familiar voice shouted from beside Samantha.

Carly angled her body to the side to see a grinning Joshua waving frantically from the third seat in the front row; Carly waved back with a small smile of amusement as she contemplated her options.  She was still angry with her three idiot friends and they were going to come down here to pick her up.  No doubt they will pester her all the way to school until she got in the car, not caring that there are people honking at them angrily to move on.  Carly didn’t really want to forgive them just yet, which they will force her to on the ride there...

“Okay I’ll ride with you guys for today,” Carly accepted.

“Awesome!”  Samantha cheered, “You can ride in the back.  There’s just one problem...”

“Yeah what’s that?”  Carly asked, as she slid open Benny’s black van doors.

“There might not be enough room,” Elliot said, as his apologetic face came into view.

He was right, there was no room; although Benny drove a van that had eight seats in it he hadn’t anticipated the extra passenger.  Dylan, Elliot and Lillian sat in the middle row, Lillian smiling kindly with a small wave as Dylan just stared out of the window bored.  Two nameless friends of Samantha sat in the back, shooting appreciative glances towards Carly every now and then.  That meant that all of the seats were taken up, that meant that Carly either had to walk out on the offer - which would make her look like a complete asshole - or she could sit on someone’s lap.