Chapter four:

--Day one--

Carly walked to the Library, about ready to get some homework done in her free period.  It was the last two months of school, which meant homework was reduced considerably as exam season was over.  Minds were more focused on the upcoming soccer matches and the start of summer vacation.  So Carly was more than happy to finish the little homework she had obtained from her Maths teacher, then spend the rest of her hour reading a book in a quiet corner of the Library.   

Alone at last!  She couldn’t help but think as she stretched her arms above her head in the deserted hallways.

“Hey you!”  A voice called, as the sounds of footsteps jogging towards her reached her ears.

Spoke too soon...

Carly turned grudgingly towards the voice, her mind distractedly thinking why that voice sounded so familiar.  She soon found her answer as Elliot Morgan skidded to a stop in front of her.  He smiled down at her his dimples showing in his perfect soft cheeks.

Oh my God, his smile is so perfect.  It could cure cancer.  If his smile was sold in shops I would buy the whole stock.  His dimple is so. Fucking. Sexy.  I want to stroke his cheek...I want to lick his cheek.

Carly grimaced slightly at her last thought.  In all honesty Carly’s had a crush on Elliot ever since she saw him walk into the Canteen in freshman year.  He had held a sort of confidence that none of the freshman students obtained until later on in the year.  He was an instant hit with the whole year so it was no surprise that he became as popular as he did.  Carly had tried to forget about her crush, as they were both on different ends of the social ladder and the fact that she became a bumbling idiot anytime she came in contact with him.  Yet, it was kind of hard not to end up talking to him, seen as though he was one to socialize with literally everyone.  After an embarrassing episode of her dropping milk in his lap, due to her nervousness of sitting next to him, she had tried to avoid him at all costs.  It was harder this year as he was the school President – also Soccer Captain – but she had managed to dodge any conversation with him successfully.  Until now...Carly had a strange sense of déjà vu at the situation she found herself in, three girls came to mind.   

“Y-yes?”  Carly stuttered. 

“You’re the newbie right?”  He asked placing his hands on his hips, not waiting for a reply he continued, “I just wanted to welcome you to the school.  Sorry I hadn’t caught you before but I was kind of stuck in lessons.  I’m Elliot Morgan the school President and Soccer Captain and you must be...Carl?”

Carly nodded mutely, her voice not allowing itself to work in front of a guy like him.  When Elliot stuck out his hand all she could do was stare at it for a few seconds before taking it in her own sweaty palm.

Oh shit he probably thinks I’m gross with my sweaty palm.  Why do palms even sweat?  What is the purpose in it?  It’s like my body was like ‘Hey let’s just show how nervous I am with these disgustingly sweaty palms!’ What a fucking great idea body!  Now can you please tell your thoughts to politely fuck off?  Wait isn’t that just telling my own thoughts to fuck off?  Great, I just confused myself.

“Are you trying out for soccer by any chance?”  Elliot asked.

“Huh?”  Carly answered stupidly, breaking from her thoughts.

Elliot chuckled and rapped his knuckles on her forehead, “I said are you trying out for soccer?  We need a new goalie because Malcolm went to Germany to see his Grandmother and our reserve has a broken leg from falling out of a tree, when he was considerably drunk,” Elliot said with a slight grimace.