Chapter Eight:

--Day two/day three--

From the window!  To the wall!  To the sweat drips down my ba-

I’m going to freaking kill Liam!  Carly rolled over in her bed to snatch her phone off of the table. 

She glared at the bright screen irritably as she read the name on it.  It took her sleep ridden mind a couple of seconds to register the fact that it was Elliot’s name that flashed on her screen, instead of one of her three idiots.  She had given her number to him only because he had never possessed Carly’s number so he wouldn’t have known it was Carly’s number instead of Carl’s.

Oh shit what the Hell am I supposed to do?  Carly thought in a panic as she sat up in bed, all traces of sleep leaving her as soon as the name registered in her brain.  I don’t want to talk to him now.  I’ll end up saying something stupid.  Then end the call stupid.

In her panicked state Carly tapped the answer button allowing Elliot’s voice to spill out from the phone.  Shit!  I have no choice now; I have to talk to him.  Just don’t make an idiot of yourself.  Be cool.

“Hey man what’s up?!”  Carly said her voice raised an octave or two. 

Smooth Carly, real smooth...

“Carl man I need your help!”  Elliot shouted through the phone.

“Elliot it’s midnight, what could you possibly need at a time like this?”  Carly yawned, surprising herself at how calm she sounded.

“Please Carl I’m in real big trouble!”  He pleaded.

Carly frowned, her mind on alert at the desperate plea, “Where are you?” 

“I’m on the school soccer pitch,” He said in a scared voice.

“I’m coming right now,” She reassured, as she pulled back her blankets and grabbed a hoodie from the end of her bed.

“Quickly Carl I-” The call ended.

“Elliot?” Carly whispered only to be met with the dial tone. 

She quickly stuffed her hair into a beanie and pulled her hood up over her head.  She grabbed the boots she was wearing yesterday and quietly treaded out of her room.  Her Dad was a heavy sleeper but still, it didn’t help to be quiet.  Before slipping out of the house she grabbed a baseball bat that Carly and John had gotten in cases of emergency.  She ran quickly towards the school, her arms and legs moving at a fast pace, her hands clutching onto both the bat and her phone. 

Nobody hurts my baby Elliot!  She thought furiously.

The school wasn’t so far away from her house; Callum just ends up picking her up because it’s on his way there.  It would take her at least ten minutes to get there if she carried on running like she did.  It wasn’t a problem for her; she did do jogging every weekend.

What I’m surprised about is that I haven’t fallen on my face ye-

 Carly tripped over her feet and fell rather harshly onto the ground.  Her bat skidded out of her hand as she fell on her side and rolled a bit before coming to a stop.  

“God damn it!”  Carly cried out, as she got to her feet again. 

She wobbled slightly but ignored it; she retrieved her bat and started running again.  She pulled her hood back over her head as the school came into view.  The gates for the soccer field were now in her eye sight, almost demanding Carly to run faster.