Chapter Thirteen:

--Day eleven--

What the actual fuck?  Carly’s mind screamed.  Her eyes were wide and portrayed nothing but shock, her cheeks had paled drastically and - if something wasn’t attached to them - she would have been biting her bottom lip.  As it so happens Samantha was currently keeping Carly’s lips occupied with her own.   

Samantha removed her plump lips from Carl’s and studied his stunned face.  She giggled prettily and, with a last ‘good luck’ thrown over her shoulder, ran out to the stadium so that she could cheer alongside her school friends for their soccer team to win the match.

Carly stayed frozen in her place, the only movement was her hand moving up in robotic jerks so that she could place them on her lips.  Her mouth was hanging open, her face a clear picture of astoundment, her body was still leaning slightly backwards when Samantha had made the unexpected kiss, causing Carly to go with instinct and lean away from her.

Samantha just kissed me, she just freaking placed her lips on my own and kissed me.  I kissed a fucking girl...and I didn’t like it!  Is this considered rape?  Can I report this?  Carly’s face contorted into a look of pure panic.  

A slap on her back was the only thing that caused her to break out of her mental state, “Go on Carl!”  Joshua cried, wrapping an arm around her shoulder and saving her from face planting into the floor from the harsh slap, “You managed to bag a kiss from one of the hottest chicks in school!”

Another slap was rewarded on her back from Benny – obviously if Joshua was there than Benny wouldn’t have been too far behind and vice versa – again Joshua’s arm saving her from her face greeting the ground, “You’re such a player.  And you’ve only been here a week you woman seeking bitch!”

“Uh huh,” Carly muttered, her lips turning down into a frown.

“Why do you look so put out?”  Benny asked, placing his hands on Carly’s cheeks and inspecting her face with a frown.

“Dude you should be on fucking cloud nine!”  Joshua shouted, waving his arms in the air as if to emphasise his point.   

“Yeah,” That was the only word she could muster.  She ducked under their arms and avoided their questioning gazes in favour of her own friend’s faces.

She frowned when she saw Liam twitching on the ground, Callum only looking down at him with a glare that clearly stated ‘are you for real?’ and Jasper leaning against the wall nearest, opting to ignore his bizarre friend.

“What’s up with him?”  She asked, standing at Liam’s feet. 

“I don’t know,” Callum groaned, rubbing his face, “He was normal two seconds ago but then this happened.”

The source of Liam’s torment was in fact Carly.  He had seen the kiss Samantha had given her, that wasn’t the problem – actually Liam had found that quite amusing – it was the thought of Elliot kissing Carly that was the problem.  How he had come to this thought was unknown, but it was this thought alone that caused Liam to crumple into a twitching mess on the dusty floor.

Jasper loomed over Carly, his shadow consuming her small form, “Carly?”  He asked innocently, immediately making her suspicious, “Wasn’t that your first kiss?”

Bryan Fletcher walked by two minutes after Jasper had asked that question, only to see both Carly and Liam lying on the ground, clutching their heads and muttering incoherently. 

Keep walking.  You didn’t see anything.  Don’t think about it; don’t even look back at them.  Bryan ordered himself, marching away from them and onto the pitch at a fast pace.