Prologue:

“Either way it’s your choice,” Callum said smugly, making it painfully obvious that Carly had no choice in the matter.

“There has to be another way,” She reasoned desperately, running a hand through her hair.  This was the single worst moment in my life, she thought to herself.   She had finally lost to the boys.  The boys being Callum, Liam and Jasper, who together are diabolical in landing in the stupidest situations known to man, like that time they were caught in the boy’s locker room stuffing condoms in Bryan Fletcher’s shoes.  Why they were doing it, Carly really didn’t want to know.     

“OK then we’ll post that picture of you online and in the school newspaper,” replied Jasper nonchalantly as he sat crossed legged on the sofa.  It made Carly’s eye twitch that he didn’t even pry his eyes away from his game – that was currently giving everyone a good view of a guy being shot in the head – to speak to her. 

A strangled cry of both outrage and embarrassment tore through her throat at the prospect of THAT picture going up.  Jasper spared her a look at the sound that had emitted from her mouth, raising an eyebrow questioningly before resuming his game of death.  Liam chuckled slightly from where he lay on the couch, tossing a ball into the air and then catching it again as a grin plastered itself on his face.  Carly hoped he wouldn’t catch the ball and it would smack him back in the face.  Funnily enough it did and she found herself grinning as he rubbed his forehead, a frown etched between his brows. 

Carly went through her options, she could either refuse to do the bet in which that monstrosity of a picture would be spread across the internet like wild fire, or, she could go through with the bet that would last her only a month of humiliation rather than the lifetime of humiliation she would get from the other prospect.      

She frowned one last time at her lap as if it was the cause of all her problems before muttering, “Fine, I’ll….” She trailed off.

 “You’ll what?” Callum prompted putting his hand to his ear, his mouth slightly open in a mocking grin.

This time Carly directed her glare at Callum, “Fine I’ll dress, act and be a boy for a whole month,” She ground out, her teeth grinding against each other and her hands forming into fists.

“Oh I was really hoping you’d let us post the picture,” Liam pouted dejectedly as he pulled out his phone, “You look so cute,” He explained as he smiled sweetly at his phone screen before turning it around and showing her.

Carly’s eyebrow twitched and a grimace took over her features as she studied the picture.  It was her, at age one, getting potty trained, the potty was pink with Tellytubbies on it...she was butt naked.

She tried to snatch the phone from his grasp but it was in vain as Liam quickly pulled back the phone and locked it.  He laughed, amused at her attempts, “Ah ah ah,” He chided wagging his finger in her face, it took everything in Carly not to bite that finger, “We’re going to keep that till you finish the bet,” he sing song.

It was her own fault really; if she hadn’t been blinded by her own cockiness then she wouldn’t be in this mess.  Last week – out of sheer boredom – the boys made a bet that she couldn’t beat them in an arm wrestling match.  Being one not to back out on a challenge Carly had accepted the bet.  They allowed her to choose who to arm wrestle against and of course she chose Jasper.  Jasper may look as if he does some exercise to keep fit but in fact the only exercise they have seen him doing are the rare times he gets up to turn the T.V on.  And so, Carly thought it logical to go against Jasper to ensure an easy win.  She’s not buff but she was very confident and smug that she was going to win this bet.  However, her plan backfired when not two seconds after Callum shouted ‘GO!’ Jasper had pinned her arm to the table.  It had been a shocking experience for her, also made certain when Jasper had just resumed his video game as if nothing had happened.