Chapter Eleven:

--Day four--          

GAME OVER.  GAME OVER.  GAME OVER. 

“Oh come on!”  Carly shouted in frustration, throwing the computer console onto the sofa cushion, Jasper quickly retrieved it and played eagerly after watching Carly lose in the space of two minutes.  Two minutes too long, Jasper thought as he started a new game of the addicting Call Of Duty: Zombie version video game.

“Don’t sweat it Cal’s,” Callum said, as he looked through Jasper’s movie selection, “I couldn’t even last long in that game.”

“That doesn’t necessarily reassure me,” Carly muttered, as she flopped on the bed Liam was sprawled out on, pulling a bowl of cheese puffs towards her and munching on them.

They were in Jasper’s room again, which was situated in the basement of the house.  Jasper’s parents were extremely rich but were satisfied with the quaint house that they took residence in fifteen years before.  So it was no wonder that Jasper’s room was like a theatre and a comic book store crossover.  On the far side of his room a whole wall was dedicated to his movies and T.V shows – which were all in alphabetic order - on his dark mahogany bookshelf, the wall opposite that had the same bookshelf but this one was filled with his music CD’s and his comic books.  His bed was raised slightly from the ground on a platform, making Jasper trip every morning without fail as he forgot about the two steps that descended from his perch.  The bed was against the back wall just a few steps from the right of the door, in front of that was Jasper’s purple coach and his T.V.  His flat screen plasma T.V was attached to a surround sound system and had amazing HD experience, making the theatre come into effect.  A foosball table was situated in the space between the movie bookshelf and the bed.  Two other doors were in the room, one led to his bathroom and the other led to a small room containing all of his snacks and drinks.

The four friends were having a sleep over, something that they try to do every two or three weeks on a Friday.  When they had first tried it it had been extremely awkward for Carly, the main reason being that she was a girl and they were all guys.  However, Carly had easily gotten into the routine of things and had quickly become comfortable with the three boys, enough so that she slept in the same bed as them.  Callum and Jasper had found it immensely funny when Carly had woken up one morning, screaming, when she saw Liam sleeping next to her; it had been an embarrassing ordeal for her but an amusing tale for the others.  She gradually grew used to waking up with either one of the boys sleeping next to her; she trusted them to know that they would never do anything to her.  Of course she hadn’t told her Father that she was going to have a sleep over with three guys, instead she had lied to him for the first few weeks before coming clean.  John had grilled the boys with numerous questions, making sure to make them sweat.  It had worked and he managed to see that all three of them were idiots, classing them out of ever doing anything damaging towards Carly, thus allowing Carly to go on the numerous sleep over’s. 

“Ah!  Finally found one!”  Callum shouted, pulling out one of the movies from the bookshelf.

Liam’s eyes stared suspiciously at Callum over a Spiderman comic book, “What movie did you pick this time?” 

Callum turned the movie over so that it was facing us, the words The Conjuring could be seen in bold white letters.

“Ooooh,” Liam and Carly said looking towards each other with a grin, “The Conjuring.”

“Put it back Callum,” Jasper said, not turning his head away from the T.V.

Jasper hated scary movies, he blamed it on the fact that they were too boring but the three friends had steadily noticed how Jasper would, discreetly, cover his eyes with the blanket whenever a scary scene was about to take place.  His bookshelf contained every genre of movies except for the horror, so Carly, Callum and Liam had taken it upon themselves to add some of the best horror movies when Jasper wasn’t watching.