Chapter Twenty Three:

--Day Thirty One--

*The Last Day*

Wednesday.  Such an insignificant day of the weekdays was Wednesday, situated in the middle.  For Carly it was probably the most important day for her, the last day for her to be Carl, the last day for her to be someone special. 

“I know what you’re thinking,” Jasper muttered from beside her, his back leaning against a locker.  They were waiting for Callum and Liam to get their books out of Callum’s locker. 

“Oh yeah?”  She taunted, “Then please tell me what I am thinking oh majestic mind reader.”  She bowed lowly with a little more of a dramatic flair than was necessary.

“I tend not to tell you this mushy bullshit but your face is starting to get me depressed,” Jasper started, Carly gave him a blunt look, “You’re special to us Carly.”  She froze and looked up at him with widened eyes, her lips parted in shock, “You may think you’re normal but you’re wrong.  You have no idea how much of an impact you have on us and the others.  You can blame it on you just dressing as Carl but it’s not, it was you yourself.  You didn’t act like anyone but your beautiful self.  The guys and I were talking and if it really means that much to you, then you can tell your new friends about who you really are.”

Carly bit her lip and pulled on the end of her wig slightly, “You should really stick to not being corny,” She finally answered.

Silence.  Jasper stared down at her blankly, studying her shaking shoulders as she tried to suppress her laughter from spilling out.  “This is why I don’t like coming out of my basement,” Jasper sighed turning to walk away.

“Stop! No, Jasper I was kidding!”  Carly laughed as she grabbed his arm, stopping him from walking away.  She looked down at her shuffling feet, her hands still clutching onto his arm, “Thanks,” She looked up and smiled so wide that her eyes squinted shut, “That makes me really happy.”

Jasper breathed through is nose, “Don’t get to happy, that smile is bordering on you looking constipated.”

Callum and Liam returned to Carly punching the arm of a nonchalant Jasper.  “Whatever he said is wrong and he’s just stupid,” Callum reassured Carly as he pulled her away from Jasper, “So stop hitting him.”

Carly huffed, “Foul play,” She hissed at Jasper, “You need your Momma to come and save your ass.”

“See,” Callum pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed heavily, “This is why your Dad doesn’t allow you to have Nutella on your toast in the morning.”

“God Mom stop smothering me!”  Carly cried out, causing Liam to laugh at her theatrics.  Callum narrowed his eyes and shook his head disbelievingly but even he couldn’t stop an amused smile from stretching on his lips.

“Hey Carl,” Carly looked up at the cheerleader Georgina. 

“Oh hey Georgina what’s up?”  She asked with a polite smile. 

“I just wanted to thank you for fixing my head band,” She pulled on the elastic slightly before placing it slowly back into place, “I don’t know what you did but you made it better than ever.”

“Oh it’s no problem,” She said with a wave of her hand.  Callum, Liam and Jasper moved away from the two girls, giving them some space to chat.

“So did you meet my boyfriend?”  She asked.

Carly paled, “I swear I thought he was going to beat me up,” She answered with a grimace.

Georgina laughed prettily, “He’s really not that bad, he does look really big but he’s got a really big and warm heart.”