Epilogue:

Epilogue:

Today’s the day.  John Penton sat with his arm around the shoulders of his soon to be fiancé.  She was still watching the T.V, an after laughter grin plastered on her face as she watched Adam Sadler run amok in his latest movie Grown Up’s.  He fiddled with the ends of her hair nervously and kept on shooting glances at her from the corner of his eyes.  His unoccupied hand was drumming an anxious beat on the arm rest beside him and a cold sweat broke out on his forehead.  It wasn’t the summer weather that caused him to sweat at this moment, although it was partially the reason. 

Sally had finally revealed her lazy Sunday appearance in front of John.  Gone was her squeamish, insecure thoughts of him seeing her less of a women if she wore the dreaded jogger pants and large tee.  Instead, there was a sense of pride and happiness that she could finally sit comfortably with the man she loved.  She had been doing so for a month now, as has John.     

Beside Sally sat Carly, she was completely oblivious to the turmoil within John, mainly because it was the first time that she was actually enjoying an Adam Sadler movie.  She knew that he wanted to propose to Sally, she just didn’t know when he was going to do it.  It was the main reason why she allowed what was going to happen next, to happen. 

“Hey Penton’s!”  The shout called throughout the house after the door opened and closed.  Three sets of footsteps led from the hallway and into the living room, their voices raising amongst each other as they entered the room.  Callum, Liam and Jasper gave nodded greetings in a distracted manner, as they continued to argue. 

“There is no way that Superman would lose in a fight against Batman!”  Callum cried, “Batman has no powers, Superman can fry his ass with his eye laser beam thing.”

Laim sighed in exasperation, “Okay first ‘Eye laser beam thing’?  What are you a child?  It’s called heat vision you dip shit.  Second of all, Superman’s ultimate weakness is kryptonite, Batman only needs to keep a shit load of that on him and Superman wouldn’t be able to come near him or use his powers.  Heck, Batman could give him a hug and he would keel over!”

Carly, Sally and John watched the exchange with a blank look.  Jasper was among them in just watching.  This was because he hadn’t been able to get in a comment since the two of them had started the conversation, he had given up half an hour into it – they had been arguing for four hours. 

“Guys!”  Carly shouted, “Can you not see that we are watching something?  Can you take your little conversation somewhere else, where I will join you later and argue how Batman would definitely kick Superman’s ass?”

“I told you!”  Callum shook his head in disbelief, “I will not go down without a fight.”  He and Liam slumped onto the ground at their feet, Jasper having already bagged the only place left on the couch between Sally and Carly.  Sally wordlessly passed the buttered popcorn towards Jasper, who took a handful with a grateful nod.  He didn’t bother to brush the few popcorns – which had slipped out of his fingers – out of Liam’s hair. 

They were silent for a while, all of them watching the screen, seemingly unaware of John’s increasing worry.  Don’t get me wrong, I love Carly’s friends.  It’s just that they couldn’t have chosen a worst opportunity to come over.  Oh who am I kidding?  The three of them are always here; they have their own key for God’s sake!  I should have seen this coming and prepared.

All I really wanna understand is.  When.  You...Talk dirty to me...

What ensued was Carly desperately trying to pull her phone from her skinny jeans, accidently kicking Callum in her haste to get her phone.  Liam burst out laughing, the clutching-my-stomach-with-tears-in-my-eyes kind of laughter.  Callum had his back arched and was sending a glare towards Carly, who in turn was sending a glare towards Liam.  Jasper continued to munch on his popcorn.