Chapter Thirty-Two

My eyes flutter open but the light seeping in through the window causes me to squeeze them shut merely seconds later. I open them slightly to allow them to adjust to the light before wiping the drool off my cheek and looking around.

The events of last night start to come back to me. It doesn't take me long to remember I'm in Tyler's house with Archer. This is when I notice the hardness of my pillow. I furrow my eyebrows and sit up only to see him laying underneath me, our legs tangled together.

I must have fallen asleep next to him and then practically smothered him with my body during the night. A blush creeps onto my cheeks at the thought. Although I've got to admit, laying on his chest was comfy. It could potentially be more comfortable than my own bed.

"Why are you watching me sleep?"

My heart jumps out of my chest as his husky voice rumbles through me, causing my stomach to flutter. "I'm not."

I stand up and let my hair loose from the bun, running my fingers through the brown strands to try and tame it. I probably look terrible. But, despite my self-consciousness, Archer looks at me the way he always does. If I didn't know how bad I looked in the mornings his gaze would have convinced me I look fine.

"Whatever you say." He stretches his arms, and his shirt rises, revealing his toned stomach. My eyes are glued to his revealed skin and I can't look away. I suck my lips between my teeth. He catches me gaping at him and smirks. I've been caught red-handed.

My attention darts around the room, towards anything that isn't Archer, as I rush to think of something to say. "What time is it?"

He checks his phone before throwing it back onto the coffee table. "Almost eleven."

"That late?" I gasp.

"It's Saturday, it doesn't matter what time we wake up."

Despite his reminder, I still jump into action, grabbing the TV remote to turn it off. We must have fallen asleep with the movie still playing. "It does when we're at someone else's house. Natalie's probably been awake for hours."

He laughs as if what I said was a joke. I stare at him plainly until he explains. "She's not a morning person." He pushes himself up and thrust his hand into his hair, moving it out of his eyes. "You worry too much." He adds. It takes a while for his words to process. How does he look so good in the morning?

"You also said she wouldn't wake up last night and she did." I raise a challenging brow.

He waves his hand in dismay. "That was a one-time thing."

We continue with our back-and-forth conversation for a while until keys jingling in the door steals our attention away. The door's pushed open seconds later revealing Tyler wearing the same clothes as last night. He must have spent the night with Autumn.

I try to smooth the creases out of my clothes to make it less obvious that I just spent the night with Archer on his sofa, but he finds us before I'm successful. Amusement is written across his face. God only knows what he thinks we did.

"Well, good morning." He wiggles his eyebrows causing Archer to launch a pillow at his face. He manages to catch it before it makes contact. "Is that any way to treat your best friend?"

"You're right." He answers before proceeding to throw pillow after pillow in his direction. He doesn't manage to catch all of them this time, as they collide with his chest, falling into a pile at his feet. Tyler flips him off and leaves the room.

Archer's quick to follow him. I'm quick to follow Archer. "You better not have done anything in my bed." Tyler mumbles. Red stains my cheeks at his words.