𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 // baking, boutiques, & bandits

━━━AHOY! So... yeah... it's been a while. Um... in other news...

Hey, Inspired3017, do you recall when you commented about one of the pure crack scenes in Fairy Tail when I was writing LITTLE FURY, like, the longest time ago? Yes? No? Well, I brought it back in this chapter, and I'm positive you'll know it when you see it. I was draft writing and it made me think of you. (:

( Chapter 13 - Baking, Boutiques, & Bandits )

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

X791

GRAN DOMA STOOD TALL UPON THE FLOATING PLATFORM, a grim expression on his face. His dark grey beard hid his clenched jaw. The other members of the Magic Council knew better; they were equally upset by the recent news. 

"You're absolutely certain of this?" asked Gran Doma, fixing his steeled gaze on the lacrima projection in front of him.

"Yes, I'm very sorry, Sir, but despite our best efforts it appears a church in the Okasa region  burned to the ground yesterday morning."

"That makes over thirty incidents, yet the identity of the perpetrator still eludes you, Lahar?"

Lahar nodded, fighting the urge to bite the inside of his cheek in frustration. 

"We're analyzing pieces of the buildings, but there are no solid leads yet." he reported, maintaining a stoic look.

"Other lands have taken notice of this as well." Org spoke up, garnering their attention. "If we're to save face, we must capture the culprit quickly." He stroked his beard in a thoughtful manner. Gran Doma nodded in agreement.

"At this rate, the Custody Enforcement Unit's reputation will be ruined, and the council's right along with it." he said. His gaze fixed itself on the magic projection of Lahar once more, his eyes narrowed. "Do not fail."

"Sir." Lahar bowed his head before the transmission cut off. 

The report had not gone as he'd hoped. What could he expect when they'd failed time and time again. Churches all across Fiore were being attacked, burned to the ground, and Lahar failed to stop it or even catch a clue as to who was responsible. 

"Yeesh. It went that bad, huh?"

Lahar stiffened when his thoughts were interrupted, but he relaxed once he glanced up. Rory, a fellow Rune Knight, stood before him, brows furrowed and eyes full of sympathy. 

Rory wasn't as well known as other Custody Enforcement Unit captains. He wasn't even officially listed as one despite the fact that he'd been leading the 7th Custody Enforcement Unit for some time now. Of course, the 7th CE Unit didn't technically exist either. Rather, it was one of two Special Operations Units. Highly trained and naturally skilled at under-the-radar investigations, Rory had taken to helping Lahar out with all the recent church attacks.